- Serve as a trusted and dependable leader of the site management team
- Build competence and increase overall team performance through creating a culture of mutual accountability.
- Create development plans to determine what training, coaching, mentoring, or other stimuli is required to grow current team members to the next level.
- Organize your group as required to safely, efficiently, and profitably deliver Vanderlande projects in the field.
- Coach and mentor team members towards developing communications skills and client relationships.
- After absorbing expectations from the organization, develop team members in preparedness to address commercial challenges with their duties including management of change orders, risk, and compliance when delivering our projects.
- Assist Estimation team with critical analysis of installation cost and refinement for system and ongoing change order quotes.
- Assist Project Planners with arranging and evaluating task scheduling of projects, level loading resources to mitigate large fluctuations in the project schedule week over week and provide durations in total hours to complete task.
- Create, manage, and report on financial status of projects based on the awarded budgets on a weekly basis
- Support the Logistics (Inventory Control) team such that training, and inventory management are accurately maintained in real-time for all material arriving on a project.
- Working closely with the VI North American Safety Manager, lead the further development of the VI safety culture in the delivery of our projects.
- Work closely with other parts of the VI organization (Engineering, Planning, Project Management, Supply Chain, Procurement) to develop mutually beneficial process improvements to improve our performance.
- Serve as a trusted and dependable advocate for site management team members in your group to quickly resolve and administer; including but not limited to the following:
o Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement
o Planning, Project Management
- Develop plans and programs to recruit, retain, and develop site management team members throughout their careers.
- Perform line management responsibilities for site management team members including timesheets, expense report approvals, annual appraisals, coaching and developing, and any required disciplinary measures.
- Other duties as required to fulfill the responsibilities above.
- Travel to various job sites is required – estimated to be 50%.
- Establish and develop a team to complete all administrative tasks required within site management
- Ensure that all projects sites have adequate document control in place including timely delivery of work packages to the installation team from engineering and others.
- Actively seek opportunities to reduce costs
- Build relationships and work with sub-contractors to ensure projects are sufficiently managed and kept under control.
- Develop documents and distribute installation standards for the installation and project teams.
- Work proactively with providing constructive feedback to engineering and other departments.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in position of leadership of skilled labor in the delivery of complex projects and systems.
- Demonstrable experience in growing and developing junior team members.
- Experience serving as on-site representative while building relationships with clients.
- Ability to obtain required security clearances to work in VI project sites
- Valid passport in the event international travel is required
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% (domestic or international)
- Four-year college degree in technical field
- Material handling system experience
- OSHA Certification
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- International and multicultural awareness
- Proven electrical and technical background
- Resource planning and site organization
- Safety awareness on the project manager’s level
- Analytical and strategic
- Pro-active and decisive
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.