Are you interested in new technologies? Would you like to work on a variety of international projects involving different market segments? If so, the position of Mechanical R&D Engineer could well be the ideal next step in your career and personal development.
As a Functional Module Architect or Product Architect within technology you are responsible for the specification and design of new multi-disciplinary Functional Modules or Products to be used worldwide in our logistic systems. Your design is implemented by a team of specialists with whom you closely cooperate. You will be a partner of the Project Leader and Integrator and together you carrying the responsibility for the final Function Module release(s).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyse the stakeholder needs and user requirements, combining them with the technological requirements imposed by Vanderlande’s technology standards and reference architecture;
- Design and document the product architecture including its key interface specifications and the requirements imposed on the various components;
- Identify integration risks early and mitigate these risks in your design, consulting with specialists when needed;
- Guide and guard the development team to ensure a proper implementation of the product architecture;
- Explain the product architecture to various stakeholders in their frame of reference;
- Act as the owner of the product architecture and the technical lead for the development team;
- Contribute to improving the competences of the Product Architecture team.
- Use Model Based Design techniques for functionalities that concern the movement of masses and/or the flow control of these masses (e.g. Parcels, Luggage or E-commerce products). Based on these models define requirements and make concept design choices.
You have a pragmatic and result-drive attitude. You are eager to learn and curious about the new technologies within and outside Vanderlande. It is important that you can convince others of a particular point of view to obtain an agreement with your stakeholders.
- You have a relevant master’s degree in a technical subject e.g. Software Engineering, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering, or a proven track record indicating a comparable knowledge and abstraction level;
- You have +/- 5 years of relevant working experience in designing and engineering multi-disciplinary industrial systems;
- You are able to keep the overview and to operate on various abstraction levels;
- You understand the stakeholder needs and you can explain the technical topics to them;
- You master the English language, both orally and in writing
- In the challenging and responsible position of an Mechanical R&D engineer, you will contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. An organization which has been elected as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer' for several years in a row. We offer a fulltime position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for professional development besides your primary salary you will receive the following secondary conditions:
- 27 days of vacation & 13 ADV days
- Flexible working hours
- Commuting allowance
- Travel and Accommodation regulations
- Pension scheme and group discount on insurances as healthcare, car and WGA
- Participation in our Health Care project e.g. training facility
If you want to apply now, please upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information you can contact Joost van den Eijnden on +31413494408 (recruitment).
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com