Sales Manager Warehousing Solutions
Head of Sales WS UK
Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
Vanderlande’s baggage handling systems move 3.7 billion pieces of luggage around the world per year, in other words 10.1 million per day. Its systems are active in 600 airports including 13 of the world’s top 20. More than 39 million parcels are sorted by its systems every day, which have been installed for the world’s leading parcel companies. In addition, many of the largest global e-commerce players and distribution firms have confidence in Vanderlande’s efficient and reliable solutions.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
Established in 1949, (1977 UK) Vanderlande has more than 5,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of 1.4 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past seven decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added logistic process automation.
· Conducts market research, generates leads, gathers the relevant information on the DMU’s and bidding process and develops win-strategy for projects with hardly any support.
· Lead the development of solutions to meet customer needs
· Maintain CRM system for accounts and opportunities
· Coordination of proposal teams during bid phase
· Ownership for identifying win themes and strategies in the bidding phase
· Develop strong relationships and ability to influence customer DMUs
· Able to develop and give convincing presentations on VI and possible solutions.
· Develops profitable (Manager Level) relationships in the market.
· Negotiates terms and conditions.
· Develops new ways of working, tools, etc. to improve the effectiveness of the departmental activities.
· Major contributor to processes of pricing, product development, marketing.
· Convincingly exceeds own Sales/ BDM-discipline, and by doing so, comes up with innovative changes in the positioning of Vanderlande in the market.
· Co-ordination of enquiry
· Conduct monthly activity reports
· Complete PRFs
· Minutes of meeting
· Working closely with the Birmingham Sales Team making sure we are aligned with the Sales strategy
Build Reputation with Customers
Create effective and good working customer relationships to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded, whilst maintaining strong partnerships with customer’s primary contractors
Drive to Win
Through effective leadership and motivation drive business development in the UK
Encourage and construct good coherent relationships and partnerships with external suppliers and subcontractors, internal business support functions and wider stakeholders
Every day better
Continuously improve upon own and others management disciplines and best practices to help support better individual and business wide project delivery
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence customers and colleagues
· Ability to develop good working relationships
· Excellent presentation skills
· Professional approach with excellent networking and negotiating skills
· Possess engineering knowledge and in depth understanding in either Warehousing or Parcels industries
· Occasional overseas travel is required