Senior Cloud Data Engineer at Data Bridge Team within Digital Service Factory (DSF)
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory (DSF) team!
Within the Data Bridge team we are developing a secure and efficient set of data products that will be disclosed, using standard interfaces, to enable data consumers to build digital services. Data products are a way of organizing data which allows for discoverability and traceability. They are standalone units within the Data Mesh architecture, domain-based and can be shared and used by all domains. Data products are used for other domains within the Digital Service Factory: operational awareness, predictive maintenance and process optimization, based on machine learning and AI.
Besides that, you and your team are also responsible for the Digital Services Platform Infrastructure in the cloud, based on Azure and Kubernetes. Automation is everywhere – CI, CD and infrastructure as code. You and the team are responsible for it and also for monitoring the clusters in production. Eventually you could be involved in production support during working hours.
For this position we are looking for someone that is eager to learn and grow
fast as a data engineer in an agile team DevSecOps oriented.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Modeling, implementation, testing, deployment, documentation and supporting the data products and their interfaces (APIs or topics in a streaming platform).
- Setup and support on Azure Cloud Services.
- Setup and support on Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS).
- Setup and support on Kafka within AKS.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in the area of Computer Science or at least 10+ years of relevant working experience with DevOps and/or software tests activities.
- You have a technical profile and are comfortable with writing and reading code, mostly using Python.
- You understand the concept of CI/CD and pipelines.
- You worked with Azure Cloud Services and, at least, Azure Databricks.
- Good to have some hands-on experience in:
- DevOps tooling for test automation and CI/CD.
- Working with Linux and shell scripting.
- Streaming and/or batch solutions (e.g. Kafka, Cassandra).
- Experience with creating and designing APIs.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks (e.g. Terraform).
- Experience with Data Mesh concepts are not required but are a plus.
- Experience working in an agile team using Scrum.
Diversity & Inclusion
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.