Are you the leader that will bring our Asset & Logistics capabilities to the next level? Will you ensure fit-for-purpose service tooling and realize our performance monitoring ambitions? Then this is the role for you!
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a team of experts on the development, deployment and continuous improvement of tooling & services in key focus areas within our Life-Cycle Services domain.
Within Vanderlande, our Service business represents approximately 20% of Vanderlande’s total revenue and is growing rapidly. The Service Deployment Group (SDG) is a globally operating service organization within the business unit Warehouse Solutions. The Service Deployment Group develops, deploys and delivers quality and effectiveness of our (new) service solutions and capabilities and consists of more than 200 employees who work together to ensure that our services closely connect to our customer’s business needs.
This role is responsible for leading two teams (16 FTE in total) within the Service Deployment Group: Service Tooling & Performance Monitoring and Asset & Logistics Services. These teams provide expert advice to our customers, develop global standards, tools and processes, implement best practices and support and share knowledge with our customer centers and site-based teams worldwide. We are seen as trusted business partner and we are looking for a talented individual to lead these teams.
As a manager, you set direction and lead the above-mentioned teams. You steer on organizational readiness globally – together with the customer centers (CCs) – and you ensure effectiveness of your teams. This role is part of the SDG management team.
Although interconnected on many fronts, each team is in a different phase. We’ve just started with the Performance Monitoring Centre, while Service Tooling is expanding their scope from a well-established foundation. For Asset & Logistics Services, multiple services and capabilities are in place, but with gaps after an organizational change over a year ago.
Key tasks & responsibilities
As manager you are responsible for:
- Leading your multidisciplinary competence teams to develop new services, processes and offerings using worldwide standards based on customer needs and market trends.
- Setting the overall direction together with your team.
- Executing a clear roadmap that balances the current needs of our customers (and our CCs) with developing and deploying new services for the future. Or in more abstract terms:
- Deliver competence support to local organizations and support in service delivery to our end-customer.
- Steer on organizational readiness based on long-term plans and drive operational excellence.
- You will notice that balancing the team’s time and effort between the short-term delivery and long-term developments is challenging and requires thinking ahead and strong communication skills.
- Strengthening the international network of colleagues who execute the service strategies locally; ensuring a strong connection with the service management teams in the different regions.
You will work closely with service management teams within our CCs, operational product managers (service), site-based teams, domain experts, ICT, Digital Service development and the commercial product managers.
- You have more than 8 years of relevant working experience, including leading teams.
- You combine both theory and practice
- Practically, you understand what it takes to run a service operation. You have had a customer facing role and led a team(s) within a service operation. Ideally, with profit and loss responsibility for contracts and/or projects.
- Theoretically, you are an abstract and logical thinker and have a background in one of the team’s expertise (e.g. asset management).
- You’re able to act on operational, tactical and strategic level and you know how to present the benefits of a specific solution and way of working in a convincing and constructive way to motivate people and develop business.
- Master’s degree in a relevant education programme and a strong interest in Industrial automation, digitalization and customer services (B2B).
- Ability to manage expert teams functionally and hierarchically and manage (senior) stakeholders, creating strong relationships globally.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Dutch as well as in English.
- You are customer centric, commercially minded with a can-do mentality.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and have the skill to take people along. You make impact and build trust!
What we offer
In this position, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers.
We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of opportunity for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
On top of your fixed salary, you will receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days)
- Flexible working hours
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office)
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport
- Working from home allowance
- Collective pension scheme and discount on health insurance
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills
- A variety of Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives
- A great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, such as Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If this challenging management role appeals to you, apply now by filling in the application form and uploading your CV. For more information about this vacancy, please contact Jan van Bussel (Hiring Manager) at email@example.com or Juliëtte van Kraaij (Recruiter) at firstname.lastname@example.org.