As Process Improvement Engineer, you'll be responsible for continuous performance improvement as well as executing consultancy studies related to our (automated) logistics solutions in use by our customers. Together with customers and colleagues you'll analyse customer processes (data) and the automation solution as part of it. You will make improvement proposals for the total logistics process in both system and operational terms. While doing so you also take into account future developments in the customer market and are able to quantify the benefits of proposed improvements.
In your job you will develop tools and methods to monitor processes and support implementation of improvements. You find the right balance between focusing on the logistics process itself and on the supporting technology. To enable doing this work efficiently in the service phase you will be increasingly involved in sales and project execution and thus during the full life cycle of Vanderlande's relation with the customer to define the required data, information and tooling.
As Process Improvement Engineer, you're able to act at an operational, strategic, and tactical level, and you know how to present the benefits of a specific solution in a convincing and constructive way. You have strong analytical abilities, together with an entrepreneurial approach. You have good communication skills, and you can think creatively and in conceptual terms.
Next to the content related aspects of the process engineering role, you possess the resource management skills to manage & coordinate your own small team.
The department is the service organisation with operations in materials handling solutions. The team provides the full range of services. Important aspects include Service Account / Contract / Project Management, Process Engineering, Inspections & Maintenance and a Service Desk organisation. You will have frequent contact with customers and suppliers to make sure everything runs smoothly. All these aspects make Services a dynamic and varied working environment where process engineering is a strong, growing and developing area which requires your entrepreneurial skills.
- Develop, maintain and improve methods to gain and use relevant performance data
- Analyze systems, processes, and maintenance activities
- Evaluate and improve the performance of systems, processes, and maintenance activities
- Communicate performance status and improvement actions internally and with customer
- Uses the analyses to come up with usable insights and proposals for improvements. Makes attractive reports and gives presentations.
- Evaluate data of performance indicators, make reports, search for improvement possibilities, sell improvement possibilities to customer.
- Resource management, planning and forecasting for a team of ± 4 people (identify demand, manage variations, share workload/resources across groups and locations, allocation of people)
- Development and coaching of team members and team building (technical and personal) by providing a work environment with challenging assignments for the team.
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and improvement points within the team
Qualification and Abilities
- Bachelor level education, preferably in logistics, IT or Industrial or mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 – 5 years of experience in a process improvement role.
- Some mechanical and control knowledge in order to evaluate the performance of the system
- Experience with analyzing process flows and familiar with all the standard analytical methods and techniques.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of databases and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of continuous improvement approaches such as Lean 6 Sigma and Total Productive Management are an advantage
- Excellent verbal and oral skills in English language