Vanderlande is a growing international company, worldwide known for its innovative material handling systems that automate the processes at Airports, Warehouses and Parcels distribution centres. Since this automation is at the core of our customer’s processes, Vanderlande builds long term service partnerships. The Life Cycle Service organisation of Vanderlande consists of more than 1.600 employees who work closely together with our customers on a day to day basis to make sure that they have full grip on their business and improvement potential is capitalized.
Vanderlande is organized in a Customer Centre structure to enable close presence to our markets and customers. The Customer Centre Warehousing Solutions International is responsible for sales and execution of complex projects and customer services in our region. The business focus is on the regions Benelux, Nordics, Italy and Eastern Europe with a supporting role to our local branch organisations in France, UK, Russia, Spain, China and Australia. With a team commercial specialists, you define the course of our sales cycles and customer relationships.
In the position of Business Service Manager, you will have the opportunity of applying your commercial skills and natural leadership talents internationally within Vanderlande’s expanding organisation.
Your goal is to offer customers the best possible service by translating their requirements into service contracts and system modifications.
You are responsible for selling the service contract during the system solution selling phase. This involves determining the maintenance strategy and service organisation together with the customer. You make agreements with the customer regarding the go-live date and system performance.
The customer’s business and logistics are likely to change during the system’s service life. You ensure that the system continues to optimally match the customer’s needs and processes. You do so with the assistance of your colleagues who are experts in the field of logistical processes, systems, software and maintenance.
You maintain continuous contact with your customers and help them to define and achieve the desired level of progress within the customer organisation. During a sales procedure, you monitor progress and succeed in motivating everybody involved. You maintain an internal and external network that allows you to deploy the required expertise at the right time.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Offering products and services from Vanderlande's service portfolio to new and existing customers
- Negotiating and selling service contracts and system modifications
- You are responsible for your accounts and manage and intensify the relationships you build at different levels within an organization
- You are capable of creating a multidisciplinary team that jointly works to achieve the best result for the customer
- Periodic evaluation of the relationship between the customer and the organisation. To achieve this, you initiate (new) service activities with the customer in both the short and the long term.
- Preparing business and account plans and setting (financial) targets. You are responsible for achieving the turnover and profit targets
- You keep up-to-date with market developments and take the lead in identifying opportunities. As a result, you encourage other departments to innovate and improve the service portfolio
- Continuously looking for new business expansion opportunities.
- You have a relevant university degree
- At least 8 years’ experience in Service selling within an industrial/logistics environment
- Affinity with Vanderlande's systems and service business
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- An excellent command of the English language
- You are willing to spend up to 20% of your time travelling abroad.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If you are interested in this position, you can apply by sending an email with your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.