In Vanderlande, the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions is driven by a demanding global market that has to deal with labor shortages, scarcity of land, demanding consumer needs and increased awareness around sustainability. Our customers in the Food, General Merchandise and Fashion industries are looking for highly automated and scalable warehouse solutions. Vanderlande offers an integrated solution portfolio consisting of material handling equipment, a control platform and (digital) services all around the globe.
Our product management team plays a vital role to successfully move to a higher level of standardization whilst keeping the flexibility to meet our customer’s needs.
What will you be doing?
On the one hand, you are end-2-end responsible for the commercial success of the pocket sorter* portfolio over the entire life cycle.
On the other hand, and this is where you can add real value, you will be the product management expert, supporting your product management colleagues in building a winning product strategy, managing the development process and taking product management to the next level.
The position could be filled either as an individual contributor or a team lead.
*The pocket sorter is a solution which is targeting fashion and general merchandise customers (Why invest in a pocket sorter? – Vanderlande)
- Develop and track business cases for the pocket sorter portfolio to justify R&D investments and grow the business
- Develop and maintain long-term development roadmaps and drive execution
- Support the product development process and prepare and manage the creation of all information and documentation to assist the market introduction
- Develop the global marketing strategy and commercial strategy (price, business model)
- Optimize your portfolio for cost, competitiveness and time to market by balancing inhouse developments and integration of 3rd party solutions
- Drive sales targets by setting targets, creating product awareness, preparing sales materials, support with customer demo's, customer business cases etc
- Share your product management skills and expertise with your team members and the larger product development organization to raise the maturity level of product development
About the team
The Product Manager is part of the Strategy and Solutions department of the Business Unit Warehouse Solutions.
This department is responsible for:
- Generating customer, market and competitor insights
- Creating the segment strategies for Food, General Merchandise and Fashion
- Embedding the product development process, driving standardization
- Support to sell, deliver and service
- Enables changes and improvement
What do we ask from you?
- Master’s degree in a technical and/or business management
- Can-do mentality, strong commercial focus, ability to translate commercial needs into complex products
- Influencing skills: building relationships and stakeholder management across different departments and influence stakeholders in non-hierarchical leadership style
- Ability to challenge the status quo, and drive focused change
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in product management of high-end investment goods or solutions
- Strong appetite to interact with customers, understand in-depth customer needs and market trends
- Proven analytical, result-driven and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Experience in working with multinational teams within a matrix organization
- Experience with a product development process and agile way of working
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-20%) and excellent command of English
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Senior Product Manager WS, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to industry-leading projects and be connected to our dedicated people and customers. We offer a position in an informal, international and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development. By joining our profitable and growing company you will be able to reach your goals and focus on your future.
This position offers a competitive salary range of € 6.100 to € 7.800 per month. Through exceeding performance expectations, you even have the possibility to grow outside this scale.
On top of your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
- 40 vacation days (20 statutory days and a flexible budget worth 20 days)
- Flexible working hours.
- A hybrid workplace (40% working from home and 60% in the office)
- Commuting allowance, including full reimbursement of travel by public transport
- Working from home allowance
- Collective pension scheme and discount on additional health insurance
- On-site company health centers with a gym, physiotherapists and occupational therapists
- Vanderlande Academy and training facilities to boost your skills
- A variety in Vanderlande Network communities and initiatives
- And a great company restaurant and coffee bar with barista
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including Amazon and Walmart, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
If the role of Product Manager Warehouse Solutions appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter.
For more information about the position, please contact Lotte Willems, Director Product Management WS Equipment and Services or Carlijn Kneepkens, Senior Recruiter +31 413 49 51 92.