Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative customer-focused environment to determine and translate customer needs into simple and effective design solutions, provide accurate time estimates, produce manufacturing and assembly drawings, manage documentation, and create BOMs.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Translate concepts into realized alternatives, with a focus on own discipline, taking into account the functionality, feasibility, quality, manufacturability, costs, and completion time
- Takes into account other relevant disciplines.
- Makes optimum use of team members’ expertise
- Responsible for maintaining Vanderlande Equipment Product lines, including supporting documentation
- Defines a planning for the work to be done, estimates the workload and lead time and communicates to relevant colleagues about changes and risks pro-actively. Adapts to changes and is solution oriented
- Finalizes a design and its deliverables, according to our processes, in order to guarantee a smooth transitions to the relevant stakeholders
- Be a resource for coordinating technical details with Vanderlande Supply Chain
- Make improvements to existing equipment designs
- Support the start-ups and the rest of the departments that require their support, as well as ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
- Deal with customers and suppliers to achieve the best solution.
- Occasional travel to manufacturing facilities and project sites to evaluate processes and design improvements
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or engineering technology
- 7+ years’ experience in material handling or related industry
- Knowledge of E-Plan and AutoCAD at an advanced level
- Notions of Excel at a high level
- Knowledge/Experience of EU and US electrical and safety norms.
- Knowledge/Experience PLC, Frequency Inverters and HMI.
- Direct experience designing UL/CE rated cabinets and enclosures to accommodate PLC controlled systems, including power distribution, motor protection and control, and Industrial Communication and networking (i.e. ASibus, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Controlnet)
- Experience designing cabinets involving multiple hardware platforms for industrial control applications, including A-B/Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider, SEW
- Understanding of a variety of hardware
- Understanding of product data/document lifecycle management software
- Knowledge of controls engineering theories and principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the metric system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Agile processes and related frameworks, such as SAFe
Furthermore, as a team player with a strong analytical mindset, you are/have:
- A self starter who likes to take initiatives and innovate;
- Recognized for your organizational abilities and for being result-oriented;
- Good communication and project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- This position requires up to 10-15% travel occasionally
- Requires having your own car