Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Working as the Group Leader of the product and software development groups within DCS, this role will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Experience taking a lead role in continuous improvements of complex software systems/product/technology that have been successfully delivered to customers to ensure a productized software delivery of solutions
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Comfortable mentoring and coaching direct reports as well as managing teams in different geographic locations internationally
- Experience with distributed computing, cloud native applications, and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience influencing best practices within your team and intentional alignment with global development organization, ensuring that product development is consistent and consumable by the global organization and customers
- Drive increasing development performance with KPI based metrics around quality, velocity, etc. and communicate with management/stakeholders on those metrics and milestones
- Deliver software with increasing use of automation for testing and delivery
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Technical Product Owners, and Software Architects in refinement and defining feature functionality and acceptance criteria to meet product roadmap
- Works with Solution / Software Architects to help define the solution and produce cost estimations
- Manage project conflicts, challenges and dynamic business requirements to meet expected deliverables
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 15 years of Software Development Experience with minimum of 5 years of Team Leading experience in managing software development in high-performance, low latency application architectures and software products
- Responsible for the strategic development of the team as well as he participates in the strategic development of the DCS Voice organisation
- Hands on experience in Software Architect working with microservice applications
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with SCRUM teams and Agile Development
- Experience in Managing SCRUM teams and Software Developers
- Experience with enterprise software development
- Expert working knowledge/experience with event driven applications based on domain driven designs utilizing micro-services through ubiquitous business domain language
- Experience in working with multinational teams within a matrix organization
- Strong coach on implementation of SAFe or Agile scrum and working with Architecture teams to assess and size story / epics
- Working knowledge of developing/deployment of container based applications within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.) utilizing Kubernetes clusters
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with creative mindset and strong customer focus
- Strong communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology within the SDLC
- Willingness to travel internationally (10-30%)
Any of the following additional experience is a plus :
- Controls development experience in Intralogistics (Airports/Warehouse / Parcel) or equivalent
- Working experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Working experience with TDD or BDD software methodologies
- Operations experience within an automated warehouse execution system
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team) and ability to influence at various levels of the organization.
- Experience in driving automation and logistics improvements within Warehouse Management solutions or equivalent industry experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical/leadership abilities and able to drive team members to rapid technical recommendations.