As and HLC Integration Engineer for Vanderlande’s Warehouse Platform, you will be part of a team of IT Engineers that operate in our North America Service Center (NASC). You analyze and assist in servicing our Warehouse and Parcel customer’s HLC software. You are responsible for helping our customers find and/or resolve system issues (incident management), researching problem solutions (problem management) and advising of changes (change management) to the operational systems. You will be part of the remote Service Support team within the North America Service Center (NASC). You will have frequent contacts with customers, partners, the internal organization and suppliers to ensure customer operations run smoothly.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
Solid understanding of duties performed within the configuration, deployment, and support of production applications/environments to include configuration, monitoring, patching, troubleshooting, test validation within SDLC prior to release, and other functions to include:
- Plan, specify, prepare and perform customer integration tests and maintain customer specific CI/CD pipelines in close collaboration DevOps teams.
- Manage releases together with the development teams and promote releases to customer’s acceptance and production systems
- Develop and maintain customer specific validation test processes/reports for change control artifacts
- Evaluate, prioritize, authorize and communicate IT changes to the customer’s environment
- Maintain and control customer’s IT assets and configurations ensuring service availability and periodic optimization for system performance
- Continuously monitor the customer’s IT infrastructure, application and material handling application environment for expected SLA’s
- Maintain and execute system restoration processes for incident response to adverse operational impacts
- Identify problems and perform Root Cause Analysis in close collaboration with other IT organizational groups
- Maintain and support the following IT processes: Patch Management (OS, DB, Application, etc.), Information Security Management, and Incident Management
- Develop, implement, test and improve Business Continuity Plans to include setup and management of areas around application/DB/OS backups
- Maintain Database platform for optimum performance according to application standards
- Triage all events reported and maintain incident reporting till event is closed
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/EE/ME/IT or any equivalent degree is preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant working experience IT infrastructure and/or cloud systems utilizing Windows Server and Linux OS
- Must be proactive, focus on service improvements and capable of taking the lead on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure on mission critical systems
- Team player, adaptable and willing to broaden skills outside core skillset, and to develop and mentor other team members
- Develop a good understanding of customer requirements
- A clear communicator, able to communicate at all levels, able to be clear and concise to stakeholders and management at all levels
- Good planning/scheduling/attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard for skills
- Able to manage resources and teams for IT support services
- Preference given to working in a logistics, warehousing, material handling or industrial engineering capacity.
- Willing to travel internationally for training on the Vanderlande W-platform for an extended period.
- Initial training may be held in an international location.
Any of the following additional experience is a plus:
- Certification(s) in Kubernetes, Docker, Elastic, Kafka, Ubuntu, Windows, Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Jenkins or Bamboo for continuous delivery automation
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting languages: PowerShell, bash, Python
- Working knowledge of SQL for any of the following DB platforms: Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of network troubleshooting techniques and tools
- Good understanding of business processes in a complex Warehouse environment
- Good understanding of Material Handling Systems
- Good understanding of Operational Technology (Industrial Automation)
- Basic knowledge of Warehouse Controls System (e.g. PLC)
- Good understanding of development practices like Scrum and CI/CD
- Good understanding of IT service management practices (ITIL v3/v4)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cloud Native technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Elastic Stack, Helm, Kafka, etc
- Comprehensive knowledge of Computing and Database technologies like Ubuntu, Windows, Oracle and PostgreSQL
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.