Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers’ business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives for the improvement of their operational activities and the expansion of their logistical achievements. Vanderlande’s extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
As Project Leader Engineering, you'll be responsible for leading multidisciplinary projects. You are in the driver seat to achieve the defined project goals, managing time, quality, costs and functionalities on mechanical, electrical and on controls perspective. Together with your colleagues you will also identify and capitalize synergies between multiple projects that are running in parallel to learn from others.
Manage the technical solution:
- Coordinate the delivery of (sub-)systems with the right quality, liaising internally with other departments and externally with customers and various stakeholders.
- Steer the engineering project team towards the maximum application of the Vanderlande engineering platforms.
- Ensure scope compliance with relevant acts, regulations, codes and standards.
Manage the planning:
- Create the project planning for engineering and organise accordingly, manage updates and issue periodical project status reports.
- Liaise with Supply Chain and Procurement.
- Analyse time estimates and challenge engineers to work efficiently, insure in-time deliverables.
Manage the budget:
- Develop and report financial estimates, scope changes, deviations analyses.
- Manage risks, create and realise opportunities to improve contribution margin.
Lead the team:
- Create the project engineering organisational chart and build the team accordingly.
- Guide and support the project team, insuring alignment with the Vanderlande process map.
- Make improvement proposals of products, processes and tooling, and execute / lead these improvements.
- Perform project evaluation of the engineering scope, identify and report lessons learned.
Your Position Requirements
- Tertiary education in Engineering or Logistics.
- Minimum 5 years proven relevant experience.
- Knowledge of industrial automation and material handling equipment will be highly regarded.
- Business economics insight, ability to control project finance and budget for own scope.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Committed and accountable.
- Pro-active and positive regarding changes and challenges.
- Creative and able to think outside the square.
- Flexible and proficient working both independently and as part of a team.
- A results oriented and driven leader.
- Analytical thinker.
- Willing to travel interstate and worldwide, including for potentially extended periods of time.
- Fluent in English: listening, reading, writing, speaking.