Working within Heathrow T3 and T5, the Low Level Controls Engineer will be responsible for the investigation and resolution of complex technical faults in the Low Level control equipment including analysis of data, improvement and optimisation within the baggage handling system. The engineer will also have a good appreciation of both high level and electro-mechanical equipment and the interfaces with the low level.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Able to lead complex and critical control incidents
- Able to interface directly with the duty manager and high level teams during P1/P2 events.
- To maintain and update as required Specialist OEM Controls – IPC, BAS, CM Servers and Client Device applications at LHR at LHR for Baggage Systems
- To provide specialist support for OEM PLC’s, Safety PLC’s, etc.
- To support and maintain the documentation and software repositories (CM Synergy, Version
Dog/Mass System environments, Smarteam/Enovia)
- To be able fault find communication issues between HLC and LLC components
- To monitor and oversee the provision of 2nd/3rd line support to integrated technologies.
- Seen by the customer as a system expert in specialist technologies and system behaviour
- Able to build and maintain good relationships with our customer and other Heathrow suppliers
- Project and demonstrate to the customer, expertise in our OEM equipment.
- Maintain a customer focus and align with their goals and targets where possible
- Drives not only self but LLC engineers to resolve incidents and fulfil work orders within agreed SLAs
- Accurate and detailed handover of information during incidents, work orders or investigations and between shifts.
Role Qualification and Skills
- Electrical/controls engineering qualifications to HNC or equivalent
- Experience dealing with software version control
- Strong knowledge of PLC’s
- Knowledge of fieldbus technology
- Knowledge of drive technologies
- Experience of problem solving in previous roles
- Experience of airport or material handling systems preferred
- Knowledge of Heathrow Baggage systems (Ideal)
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension with Aviva