Senior Mechanical Development Engineer (R&D)
Are you eager to learn new technologies? And do you want the opportunity to work on global multiple projects for diverse market segments? If so, show us your capabilities and take the next step in your career and personal development at our R&D organization!
In Research and Development (R&D), no two days are the same. Our activities are based all over the world and each project is different. Whatever the challenge, it all requires research and development (R&D). Our colleagues are creative and proactive in thinking both inside – and outside – the box. This helps us to create state-of-the-art solutions that enhance the operational performance of Vanderlande’s customers worldwide.
As Senior Mechanical –Development Engineer R&D you will participate within projects to design, improve, maintain and test the functionality for our standard product portfolio and systems worldwide. You create and optimize solutions together with your team members within multi-disciplinary project teams. You have the possibility to work with an existing and visible product, test and improve these in our Innovation Center or at the customers sites with eventually your ‘signature’ on it.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Focused on Improving, Optimizing and Maintaining our standard product portfolio by using 3D modelling;
- Create a product concept and a design by 3D modelling
- Keeping our product information up to date.
- Solution realization and testing in our Innovation Center;
- Release designs and documentation for production with a quality mindset;
- Supporting of internal customers by answering their technical questions like supply chain, Sales, Service and project engineering;
- You are responsible for mitigation of design risks;
- Contribute in the development of your technical domain.
- You have a vocational education Master Bachelor (HBO) in Mechanical Engineering;
- You have 5+ years of relevant working experience and a strong interest in mechanics, problem solving, production techniques and machinery;
- You have experience with 3D CAD software preferably SolidWorks;
- You are skilled in FMEA, FEA, CE and Machinery development;
- You are an entrepreneur, eager to learn and want to improve every day; the drive to win;
- You have excellent communication skills and are a good team player across multidisciplinary teams;
- You will get the opportunity to travel abroad (up to 10%);
- Good command of English, Dutch is preferred.
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
- 27 days of vacations & 13 ADV days
- Flexible working hours
- Training and coaching to support personal development
- Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career. This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If you want to apply now, please upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information you can contact Jasper Pijnenburg on +31413494408 (recruitment).