Senior Software Engineer – Java
The Senior Software Engineer role will be part of the Airports and Parcels (APS) Engineering and IT team based in Marietta GA. You will be responsible for contributing to an Agile team of Software Engineers that develop cloud-based microservice applications.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Work closely with Software Architects, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex microservices.
- Develop documentation in read-me format.
- Ability to analyze functional issues, performance issues, production components and configurations, Triaging/troubleshooting of issues across dev, QA, and production environments
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and coaching within the team
- Adhere to the Definition of Done.
- Consistently meet sprint objectives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent.
- A Minimum of 5 years working experience developing in Java
- Expert understanding of developing REST APIs and micro-services
- Strong understanding of Spring Boot Framework
- Strong understanding of developing with Kafka or other event streaming technologies
- Good understanding of Maven or Gradle build tools
- Good understanding of developing for Docker/Kubernetes
- Good with relational or non-relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Good with Bitbucket, GitLab or other distributed source control systems
Any of the following additional experience is a plus:
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in construction of CI/CD pipelines in collaboration with DevOps
- Experience developing/deployment of applications within cloud systems (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good interpersonal skills (work well within a team).
- Be able to contribute to the onboarding process of additional team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical abilities, and able to put forward recommendations.
- Able to work unsupervised, take initiative and resolve issues.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, out of hours work will on occasion be necessary.
This position will require some travel for training, and travel to sites for projects (up to 30%).
This position will not have direct reports.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. #LI-JJ1