• Provide expertise in reporting and support on accounting matters for the relevant business unit, whilst working towards efficient, effective and consistent reporting time lines across the different CCs and Branches for the relevant unit.
• Manage the co-ordination of the forecast process for the BU including preparation of variance analysis to local management (e.g. current forecast vs. previous forecast / actuals vs last monthly forecast).
• Liaise with functions, departments and CC/Branch management teams to ensure accurate specific commentaries are made and enhance budget holder understanding of the reporting processes.
• Preparation and analysis of Monthly Business Performance Package (list below is indicative):
• Manage the provision of accurate and timely monthly performance analysis for teams ensuring consistency across departments and ensuring actuals, variance analysis, accruals and relevant balance sheet positions are vetted as expected.
• Liaise with departments to collate and prepare specific monthly supporting inclusions for mutation estimates and validate 360 communication is done.
Verify that these have been accounted for correctly by other teams, BU’s etc
• Represent interests of Finance at VOICE/PUNE meetings.
• Challenge / advise business on performance issues and suggest /assist with solutions to resolve.
• Communication of business objectives and performance, ensuring the necessary routine and ad-hoc management information is supplied timeously and accurately to enable effective decision making / performance management.
• Delegate for Group Controller and ad-hoc support for other BU Controllers and team members as required.
• Any other tasks as assigned from time to time with the agreement of the line manager.
Who we are looking for
• High caliber Qualified Accountant/Economist with strong technical accounting knowledge with ability to interpret, analyze and present financial data in business context.
• Good business/commercial awareness and proven analytical skills to ensure value-add to the organization.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to create positive relationships with peers and internal/external stakeholders to build more than a one way reporting relationship – act as a partner – be seen as an equal – own outcomes not just data.
• Engaging personality with highly developed social and effective communication skills with the ability to present complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner bearing in mind some stakeholders are not financially inclined.
• Positive attitude to challenges, change and personal development – ability to operate in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Ability to prioritize, act on own initiative and ask for support effectively at the right level
• Ability to focus effort and effectively prioritize work to deliver business value.
• Skills of influence – ability to constructively challenge and influence others using own analysis and insights developed.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments whilst ensuring on time delivery to a high standard – spread the peak periods and setup mechanisms to automate reporting etc.
• The role is business facing and requires a proactive mind-set to ensure that all financial issues are highlighted, considered, monitored and controlled in conjunction with the BU, CC and Group Controllers
Other Skill set description:
Structured way of working