Sr Manager of Installation Airports
Vanderlande’s Sr Manager Installations is responsible for the mechanical and electrical Installation of all Airports projects for our customers throughout North America.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a trusted and dependable advocate for site management team members in your group to quickly resolve issues including but not limited to the following:
- Engineering, Supply Chain, Procurement
- Planning, Project Management
- Build competence and increase overall team performance through creating a culture of mutual accountability.
- Create development plans to determine what training, coaching, mentoring or other stimuli is required to grow current team members to the next level.
- Organize your group as required to safely, efficiently, and profitably deliver Vanderlande projects in the field.
- Coach and mentor team members towards developing communications skills and client relationships.
- Work closely with other parts of the VI organization (Engineering, Planning, Project Management, Supply Chain, Procurement) to develop mutually beneficial process improvements to improve our performance.
- Accountable for the on-site management of all Airports projects in NA
- Ensure adequate training for all staff and sub-contractors has been provided.
- Improve installation management systems, processes, standards and best practices
- Formulate strategic and installation objectives
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions as well implementing corrective action plans
- Improve efficiencies across installations
- Develop team members in preparedness to address commercial challenges with their duties including management of change orders, risk, and compliance when delivering our projects.
- Accountable to deliver all installation projects on time and within budget.
- Ensure all installations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Manage installation budgets and forecasts
- Reduce overall cost of installations across Airports
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Responsible for managing the delivery of a high quality installation
- Working closely with the VI North American Safety Manager, lead the further development of the VI safety culture in the delivery of our projects.
- Responsible for the safe management of installations, alterations, additions, and/or repairs of electrical systems, associated materials, and equipment within the material handling industry.
- Find ways to increase quality of service and safety performance
- Directly responsible for leading and managing sub-contractors
- Ensuring all project estimates are accurate and submitted on time
- Management of sub contracts, material needs and oversee project installation efficiency
- Support our Contract Manager in selection of subcontract
Required Education and Experience
- Recognized certification with installation trade, electrical / mechanical
- In depth knowledge of installation processes
- At least 10 year’s experience with managing installations or construction projects
- OSHA or similar recognized qualification
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in position of leadership of skilled labor in the delivery of complex projects and systems.
- Demonstrable experience in growing and developing junior team members.
- Experience serving as on-site representative while building relationships with clients.
- Ability to obtain required security clearances to work in VI project sites
- Four-year college degree in technical field
- OSHA Certification
- Strong ability to lead team to change
- Ability to manage budgets and negotiation
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- International and multicultural awareness
- Resource planning and site organization
- Safety awareness on the project managers level
- Analytical and strategic
- Pro-active and decisive
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.