Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will be responsible for executing the 2D and 3D layout design of material handling system solutions. The successful candidate will also be responsible for leading and developing a small team of layout engineering staff for both sales and project layouts.
- Act as a group lead, and provide technical direction to a small team of layout engineering staff. Review work of team to ensure accuracy and achievement of required results. Coordinate projects and plan and manage resources.
- Generates 3D Autocad Models, plan views and elevation views for warehousing or baggage handling system layouts, taking into account customer requirements, VI Standards, and direction of supervising project engineers.
- Create 3D Models of conveyor systems; this would include catwalk, supports and header steel.
- Create 3D Models of any other objects that may impact system designs.
- Assure that models are created by following a fixed set of design rules and custom blocks as well as meeting any customer specifications.
- Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval as well as installation. This task will include creation of plan and section views in a modified architectural drafting style.
- Reports Problems based on experience and review of drawings & model.
- Generates mechanical layout drawing package, including submittal preparation and revision control.
- Develop mechanical installation drawings required for system assembly.
- Perform site inspections as requested.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a drafting or similar related role.
- Experience designing layouts utilizing AutoCAD.
- Must have experience multitasking to handle multiple drawings and tasks.
- Previous leadership experience is an asset.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks.
- Good Knowledge of ACAD External References.
- Experience in the baggage handling industry or industrial conveyors.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance pass.
- Knowledge of Drafting Standards.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment incorporating engineering, sales, and management functions.
- Ability to learn new technical skills involved in maintaining or improving the Layout process and take direction from supervising engineers.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects.