As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
The Project Executive is responsible for the successful delivery of our Material Handling Systems at major distribution hubs and Warehousing facilities throughout North America. This Project Executive must have a proven track record with demonstrable positive results as the responsible manager in charge in the delivery of large (greater than $100M) and complex projects or programs in the Material Handling, General Construction, or similar project-driven industries.
- Builds and organizes multi-disciplined team(s) of Project Manager(s), Site Managers, Engineers, Planners, Administrators, and others as required to lead delivery of large and complex projects in excess of $100M or groups of projects comprising multi-year programs at select distribution hubs in North America.
- Leading project teams through sales, pre-construction (systems engineering), execution, and closedown phases.
- Leads the administrative, commercial, technical and financial management and control of all assigned projects.
- Establishes team expectations based upon corporate objectives
- Puts mechanisms and processes in place to ensure expectations are fulfilled
- Creates and maintains continuous improvement loop to monitor performance and improvement opportunities.
- Coordinates with external stakeholders from middle management to C-Level stakeholders to deliver program requirements while protecting Vanderlande interests.
- Coordinates with Government and Authority Having Jurisdiction including but not limited to Building Department, Building Permit Contractor, OSHA, FMI, TSA, Fire Department, EPA, DOL, Port Authority, Airport Authority; as well as city, state, and federal governments to fully comply with the law.
- Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with labor, including local unions, to ensure successful project delivery.
- Puts organization in place to address requirements of internal stakeholders.
- Serves as a proactive leader and problem solver to address complex issues and situations as they arise.
- Implements and leads program level Risk Management process.
- Mentors project team members.
- Sufficient understanding to contract law to successfully negotiate and execute prime contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Leads training, development, and evaluation of the performance of all reporting employees. Works with other department managers in reference to the needs and performance of members on the project teams.
- Directly supports sales activities as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar technical field.
- Experience working with Amazon Transportation and Logistics
- Minimum 10 years Project Management experience of increasing responsibility leading teams in delivery of large, complex projects with demonstrable positive results; including at least 7 years of experience as the responsible person in charge.
- Delivery of projects in Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable methods.
- Direct experience with government contracting requirements for project delivery.
- Exceptional and demonstrable leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
- Exceptional communication skills – must have command presence.
- Customer facing – Ability to deal with challenging and rapidly changing customer requirements
- Strong, independent decision-making ability.
- Solid and demonstrable negotiating skills.
- Travel, as required for position.
- Strong business acumen who understands “Thinks Big Picture”.
- Experience leading delivery execution of complex projects such as material handling systems, institutional or manufacturing facilities, or similarly complex projects.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Professional Engineer or similar credential.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar credential.
- LEED AP Accredited Professional.
- Graduate Degree (technical or MBA)
- Exposure to European and American cultures.
- Pre-existing relationships with Amazon, DHL, UPS, FedEx, or similar.
- Ability to coordinate tasks in a small team.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial international organization, especially working within a project organization, where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural.
This is a full-time position
This position requires up to 50% travel.