As Project Section Manager you have the responsibility for the successful delivery of one or more simultaneous sections of a large-scale Baggage Handling System Project at the Hong Kong airport. You report directly to the Project Director and act as liaison between the Project Director and the customer.
Your qualifications and skills
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
· Section planning, including the integration of the section plan into the Project plan
· Quality control and risk management;
· Management of the client relationship and client expectations, acting as primary interface with the customer for the sectional scope of the project
· Manage reporting, ensure the identification and escalation of issues/risks;
· Understand contract terms and conditions and maintain a clear document trail;
· Coordinate with a multi-disciplined team and manage sub-contractors;
· Select third party suppliers, including contract negotiation;
· Travel when required, to perform the tasks as described for this position. Extended travel periods
· Construction management support and supervision will be required during the installation, commissioning and acceptance phase of the sections
· Financial and budgetary control, including the initial budget breakdown and cashflow management
· Bachelor degree level or similar qualification with relevant technical experience;
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Project Management with projects exceeding 5 million HK$;
· A natural leader with excellent communication and motivational skills;
· Knowledge and application of Asian market requirements.
· Experience in complex and large Baggage Handling System or Material Handling Systems projects would be an advantage
· Technically competent (multidisciplinary) with good commercial acumen;
· Basic Proficiency in Auto Cad and Navis works
· Dynamic problem solver with drive, determination and resilience to deliver results;
· Structured and organized approach to Project Management with flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing project environment;
· Understanding of control systems hierarchy and implementation;
· Applicants must have understanding of relevant contract law and have experience of planning and management in a multi-disciplinary environment. Customer focus is of the highest importance.
· Good command of English, Chinese and Mandarin.
· Good Team player and interpersonal skill.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the role of Project Manager appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org