Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. Working within the project operations team, the Project Manager will lead the delivery of complex automation system projects into dynamic, evolving and challenging airport environment. Leading cross functional and multidiscipline teams the Project Manager will be accountable for the delivery through the full project lifecycle whilst maintaining a customer partnership and a high level of satisfaction.
- Achieve high performance on all facets of project delivery; operational budgetary / contribution margins, triple constraints (scope, schedule and cost) and the realisation benefits.
- Create effective and good working customer relationships to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded, whilst maintaining strong partnerships with customer’s primary contractors.
- Through effective leadership and motivation drive project teams, internal support functions and sub-contractors to deliver high quality solutions against milestones and budgets.
- Encourage and construct good coherent relationships and partnerships with project teams, external suppliers and subcontractors, internal business support functions and wider stakeholders - promoting project engagement and successful delivery against the project objectives.
- Monitor and control the project, whilst facilitating accurate forecasting, and reporting on all project performance variables including resourcing requirements. Ensure commercial and contractual elements are managed accurately and in a timely manner, whilst realising potential opportunities for changes and variances.
- Continuously improve upon own and others project management disciplines, community development and best practices to help support better individual and business wide project delivery.
- Using best practice, develop realistic, challenging and robust project plans to ensure the project delivery is a success. Support the development of the business case, bids, whilst ensuring that the plan will realise project and business benefits.
- Manage project uncertainty through risk planning and issue management. Establishing and acting on appropriate mitigations and contingency plans.
- Support a safe working environment within project delivery through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
- Managing projects or programmes with a value over £1M.
- Managing demanding customers in a dynamic and system critical environment.
- Working in a automation, electronic or engineering environment.
- Managing matrix and multidiscipline teams.
- Experience in some of following technologies:
- Material handling, processing or conveyor automation.
- Engineering or technical environment.
- PLC or Scada.
- Information technology or software platforms.
- Project Management qualification or relevant experience.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Occasional UK overseas travel will be required.
Experience of Baggage Handling Systems is not required as extensive training will be provided.