The Passenger Solutions Group of Vanderlande Industries is looking for a Project/Program Manager who will be responsible for overseeing cost, schedule and technical execution of contractual requirements related to TSA projects. Our projects are in the airport checkpoints. The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities and assigns team members to designated project(s) to ensure that project objectives are accomplished within established budget, schedule, and quality parameters. The Project Manager is responsible for understanding the project scope and executing appropriate change management processes. The Project Manager is the primary Vanderlande PAX Solutions contact with client personnel to accomplish project objectives and is a key overall relationship manager for the client. The successful candidate will have a sense of ownership of their projects and a hands-on approach to project execution. Willingness and desire to support the team in successful execution will be key to success.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing key deliverables to the customer in accordance with cost, schedule, quality and technical performance requirements as identified by contract.
- Develop and actively monitor cost, schedule, risks and opportunities in support of contract execution through assessment of program issues and risks and the development of resolutions and mitigations.
- Develop, review and approve project metrics to track project health/stability and provide visibility to the customer and team leadership. Coordinate project reviews oversee activities initiated by the customer and manage other efforts required to maintain project support.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, teammates and subcontractors.
- Accountable for client satisfaction. Project Managers are expected to update sales and sales management of client problems/dissatisfactions and to suggest means of resolving issues for the client.
- Direct customer interfaces on multiple program meetings and reviews are required to communicate programmatic and technical status.
- Lead multiple small, dynamic, and complex projects.
- Identify problems requiring management visibility and escalate appropriately to facilitate resolution of on-going client issues.
- Identify new opportunities for additional software products or licenses, services engagements, or hardware sales at assigned client accounts.
- Responsible for post mortem and act proactively to prevent future issues.
- Requires a BA/BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or an equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years of Program/Project experience required.
- Experience leading multi-disciplined teams located in multiple locations and facilities while demonstrating behaviors consistent with leadership tenets.
- Ability to develop enduring customer relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to drive closure and resolve complex programmatic issues/challenges.
- Successful experience creating and executing a growth strategy for the business.
- Demonstrated technical management skills.
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
- Previous experience in a software solutions or security solutions environment is a strong plus.
- Previous experience in complex technology implementation is a plus.
- Experience in deploying projects in US Airport or experience with TSA is a strong plus.
- Capable of obtaining a TSA security clearance.
Location and Travel:
- Willing to travel domestically 40% of the time (some international)
- This position can work from home when not on travel.