A Mechanical Lead will assist with the installation, assembly, dismantling, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibility):
· Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to High Speed Sorters, all types of conveyors, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors, etc.
· Supervises fitting bearings, aligning gears and wheels, attaching motors and connecting belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
· Supervises the dismantling of machinery using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
· Supervises unloading, inspecting, moving and setting of equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
· Supervises rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come along to move equipment / materials into place
· Supervises up to 10 men
Required Qualifications, Education and Experience:
· Must be able to meet all physical demands – see below
· Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
· Must have OSHA 10 or above