Internship/Graduation: Electric design of a Smart carrier prototype for future line sorters
Assignment type: Internship/Graduation
Start date: as soon as possible
Assignment duration: 3-9 months
Educational: Master: Electrical Engineering/Mechatronics
The aim of this assignment is to investigate a proposed new shoe sorting principle for Vanderlande’s Linesorters. The scope of this assignment would be to design, implement and test a prototype to assess the new sorting principle.
- Determine the required electronics (Embedded controller, sensors, ..etc) and
actuators based on given requirements and specifications
- Build an electric power supply circuit
- Assemble and integrate the electric and electronic components
- Establish communication between the embedded controller and a central controller
- Develop and integrate a localization system using the selected sensors
- Generate the trajectories/profiles required for the actuators
- Synthesis a controller to track the required profiles
Short department description
The line sorter development team counts about 20 people with different backgrounds. From project leads, architecture, integration-, mechanical-, electrical-, PLC- and embedded controls engineers. The student will be part of the team and report via the mentor tot he team members.
Opportunities will be to learn from Pilot sites and test facilities where the first 'next generation' line sorters are implemented this year.
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? Are you looking for an internship or graduation assignment in an organization that has been elected as "Best Employer" for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter.
For more information, contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or contact Jasper Pijnenburg (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 (0)413 - 49 44 08.