For sales project proposals, the Bid Manager works with the Sales Manager and the Sales Engineering Team to successfully develop and sell the project. The role is to manage the proposal process and to ensure delivery of a proposal that meets the customer’s needs and requirements. The successful candidate will also have to manage the sales team deliverables and coordinate production of the entire proposal. This will require leadership in a multi-disciplined team, drawn from supporting departments including Pricing, Legal, Finance, Operations and Supply Chain. It is essential that during the entire process, costs are being monitored and the documentation and presentations are delivered with the right level of uniformity and quality. In addition, the Bid Manager will be expected to contribute to the improvement of the entire proposal process and of our documentation and standards. The projects are for Warehouse Automation & Parcel Sortation Systems in North America.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with the Sales Engineering team to identify the customers’ automation needs and corresponding process requirements and translate these into proposals.
• Take unique selling points of the company and systems and use this to highlight added value in the proposals.
• Provides leadership with regards to the proposal generation and bidding process.
• Plan and manage timeliness of tasks and deliverables in a structured way to ensure that progress is made and deadlines are met.
• Lead team meetings effectively to ensure clear goals and tasks.
• Help standardizing proposals based on the needs of market segments and individual customers.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience working on bids/proposals
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
• Experience or Knowledge with automation systems.
• Well-organized and process oriented
• Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to work and communicate with different levels of management
• Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
• Creative and proactive person