The Sales Consultant analyzes business processes at our customers and translates the business requirements into the design for a baggage handling system in airports. You will work together with the sales manager regarding the system design and sales strategy to win the project. As part of the design work, you will work closely with our overseas departments that are supporting the marketing, design and development efforts for products and systems.
You also play a role in analyzing trends and translating these into the development of market segments and products. And you are expected to identify the key aspects of the required operational performance of the automated systems and the associated impact on operations. The projects are for Airport Baggage Systems in North America, and you will report to the Manager of Sales Engineering, Airports.
- Identify the customer’s automation needs and corresponding process requirements.
- Design conceptual solutions based on order data, process analysis, critical business drivers and requirements, technical complexity and business case for medium to large sized projects.
- Convert a conceptual solution into a system design and associated high-level process design.
- Based on analytical intelligence and experience, identify the key aspects of concepts and associated impact on operations.
- Within a sales engineering team, provides leadership with regards to the system design.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary sales engineering team.
- Maintain overview when working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support and maintain the integrity of conceptual design during detailed engineering, system implementation, and system operation.
- Responsible for accurate development and validation of sales price for any sized project and complexity of projects.
- Play a role in determining the development of market segments and products both internally and externally; advantageously position concepts consistent with Vanderlande’s strategic direction.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent working experience.
- Exemplary analytical skills.
- Exceptional sales acumen and ability to direct pricing influences on design strategies
- Strong systems design knowledge mandatory; experience designing airport baggage or logistics systems preferred.
- Possess an excellent proficiency with both IT systems and mechanical technologies.
- Be a confident and proven influencer both internally and towards customers at a senior management level.
- Display an extraordinarily ambitious and creative approach to building professional customer relations.
- Ability to comprehend and infer relevant information from a myriad of sources.
- Train, coach and lead sales engineers and sales consultants.
- Ability to articulate airport logistical processes, concepts, and system designs and their impact on all organizational levels externally and internally.
- Prepared to travel up to 25%.