As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
Sales Engineer I
As part of the sales team, it is the Sales Engineer's responsibility to identify and analyze the customer’s needs and transfer those into a successful system design, which is a perfect match between the customer’s business needs and our products and capabilities. The Sales Engineer will present this in a clear and understandable way to the customer. To arrive at the best competitive offer, the Sales Engineer needs to challenge the customer, the sales team and the internal organization. The projects are Airport Automation Systems in North America. The Sales Engineer will report to the Manager Sales Engineering, Airports.
- Identify the customer’s automation needs through RFP analysis or discussions with sales managers or customers.
- Independently develop automated airport automation system design based on customer automation needs for medium complexity projects.
- Find solutions for technical issues.
- Evaluate the designs based on cost, functionality, business needs and risks.
- Identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
- Convert system design into lay-out and lead the sales lay-out engineer(s).
- Coordinate the bid process and tasks within sales design team.
- Price the designed system.
- Write proposals and support sales manager with technical presentations to the customer.
- Maintain constructive working relationship with customer.
- Work simultaneously on multiple sales projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline, combined with a masters in engineering or business is preferred
- In Lieu of a degree, working level experience of 7 or more years in airports or material handling systems.
- Experience with logistical processes and system design is preferred.
- Experience with both controls and mechanical technology is preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong focus on constructive customer relationships.
- Work well in multi-disciplinary team.
- Exceptional sales acumen.
- Ability to coordinate tasks in teams of varying sizes.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial international organization, especially working within a project organization, where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural.
- Prepared to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.