As part of the local sales team , it is your responsibility to develop the AutoCAD layout of the baggage handling system. You will develop this layout taking into account building constraints, equipment choices and layout requirements, customer requirements, etc. You will report to the Manager for Sales Engineering in Marietta, GA.
- Fully independently set up and manage 3D Models of material handling systems; this will include mezzanines, operator positions, maintenance access, supports, header steel and any other objects that may impact the system.
- Create models by following a fixed set of design rules and custom blocks as well as meeting any customer specifications.
- Independently develop lay-outs based on a material flow diagram, a building lay-out, and equipment information from sales engineer.
- Take into account consequences of layout decisions on other processes.
- Anticipate layout problems and changes and report clearly on these.
- Identify and propose improvements to way of working and tooling.
- Understand the entire system from functional level to equipment details.
- Work effectively in team environment incorporating sales engineering, sales and management functions.
- Provide the level of detail required to make sure that the system will fit without going in too much detail for the sales phase of a project.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Supervise less experienced layout engineers.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of Drafting Standards is required.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD with the ability to draw and visualize in 3D.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2008 or later is preferred. Currently using 2010.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
- Good Knowledge of ACAD External References is preferred.
- Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects.
- Material handling experience is a preference.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.