The Project Buyer is responsible for the project procurement of 3rd party products and services (site installation labor) to be incorporated in our client’s Material Handling Systems for small to very large projects in North America. They execute and manage the Procurement processes for projects together with a Supply Chain Coordinator. Project Buyers report directly to the Manager Supply Chain Operations.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Implement supply chain strategies for Project Procurement that is consistent with our Client's business plan (Project Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy).
- Develop and maintain a Supply Base that builds long term strategic relationships with key supply partners that provide Vanderlande with a competitive advantage within the material handling system market.
- Support the process of supplier selection, meeting the defined needs of the Project Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy.
- Analyze, create and implement innovative supply opportunities and strategies that enhance the market position and/or profitability on a local and global level.
- Define expectations, create measures and implement strategies to improve supplier performance on Quality, Logistics, Technology, Total Cost and Sustainability.
- Draft, improve and enforce the use of all contract templates for the legal engagement of installation services, construction subcontractors, equipment suppliers and service level providers in collaboration with Corporate Counsel.
- Contribute during the sales phase to obtain the best cost level at clear risk profiles at the project start.
- Establish and maintain the Supply Plan per project in corporation with the project team.
- Support and collaborate with Project Engineering and Execution team to minimize total project risk and cost.
- Coordinate procurement activities, global strategies and Management System procedures with North America organization.
- Incorporate work instructions associated with Project Procurement and supervise the archival, sharing and protection of critical project communication documents related to Project Procurement.
- Manage the process of requests for quotations (RFQ), request for proposals, and support of the Sales department in the bid process.
- Execute ethical principles and standards of Procurement practices in order to comply with all applicable safety, regulatory and quality system requirements.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent.
- 2 – 6 years of progressive experience (Sourcing, S&OP, Logistics and Operations) in Procurement/Supply Chain.
- Prior experience in the Material Handling Systems industry or similar (Construction/Contracting or Engineering industry) is advantageous.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural.
- APICS (Association or Operations Management) certification (CPM or related) preferred.
- Experience moving seamlessly between cultures.
- Tough-minded, results-oriented attitude.
- Ability to direct work of multiple reports and supervise concurrent tasks while effectively prioritizing and coordinating works assignments to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and financial skills.
- Creative, out of box, thinker.
- Strong communication and decision-making skills and ability to act as proactive ambassador for the department.
- Drive and ambition to elevate the department to higher levels.
- Confidence take charge mentality, hands-on.
- Experience with MS office and ERP systems.
- Willingness to travel 25% domestic and international.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.