The Project Buyer is responsible for the project procurement of 3rd party products and services (site installation labor) being incorporated in our customers Material Handling Systems. The projects range from 5 million to 140 million in North America. It is the Project Buyers responsibility to manage the procurement process for projects in partnership with the Supply Chain Coordinator & Operational Buyer. The position reports to the Project Buyer Team Lead.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Implement supply chain strategies for Project Procurement that is consistent with our customers business plan (Project Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy).
- Develop and maintain a Supply Base that builds long term strategic relationships with key supply partners that provide Vanderlande with a competitive advantage within the material handling system market.
- Support the process of supplier selection meeting the defined needs of the Project Procurement and Subcontractor Strategy requirements.
- Analyze, create and implement innovative supply opportunities and strategies that enhance the market position and/or profitability on a local and global level.
- Draft, improve and enforce the use of all contract templates for the legal engagement of installation services, construction subcontractors, equipment suppliers and service level providers in collaboration with Corporate Counsel.
- Contribute during the sales phase, work closely with the sales team to manage the Request For Quote (RFQ) process.
- Ability to read and understand the scope of work, help to reduce risk and scope gaps, evaluate proposals and ensure the best price.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Establish and maintain the Supply Plan per project in corporation with the project team.
- Support and collaborate with Project Engineering and Execution team to minimize total project risk and cost.
- Coordinate procurement activities, global strategies and management system procedures with North America organization.
- Incorporate work instructions associated with Project Procurement and supervise the archival, sharing and protection of critical project communication documents related to Project Procurement.
- Execute ethical principles and standards of Procurement practices to comply with all applicable safety, regulatory and quality system requirements.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent.
- 4 - 6 years of progressive experience (Sourcing, S&OP, Logistics and Operations) in Procurement/Supply Chain.
- Contract writing experience, knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts.
- Prior experience in the Material Handling Systems industry or similar Construction/Contracting or Engineering industry).
- APICS (Association or Operations Management) certification (CPM or related) preferred.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial organization where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural.
- Experience moving seamlessly between cultures.
- Tough-minded, results-oriented attitude.
- Ability to direct work of multiple reports and supervise concurrent tasks while effectively prioritizing and coordinating works assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent analytical and financial skills.
- Creative, out of box, thinker.
- Strong communication and decision-making skills.
- Drive and ambition to elevate the department to higher levels.
- Confidence take charge mentality, hands-on.
- Experience with MS office and ERP systems.
- Willingness to travel 10% domestic and international.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.