Deployment Support Data Engineer
Vanderlande provides baggage handling systems for 600 airports around the globe, capable of moving over 4 billion pieces of baggage around the world per year. For the parcel market our systems handle 52 million parcels per day. All these systems generate data. Do you see a challenge in building data-driven services for our customers using that data? Do you want to contribute to the fast growing Vanderlande Technology Department on its journey to become more data driven? If so, then join our Digital Service Factory team!
As a deployment support data engineer, you will be responsible to deliver data intelligence solutions to our customers all around the globe, based on an innovative and new product, which provides insights in the performance of their material handling systems. You will develop and deploy the product as well as design solutions to fit it to our customer needs. You will work together with an energetic and multidisciplinary team to build end-to-end data ingestion pipelines and implement dashboards.
· You will be developing, testing, documenting and deploying project special solutions for our customers and their specific needs.
· You will set up and design end to end solutions to bridge the gap between the data intelligence product and the customer needs.
· You collect feedback and always search for opportunities to improve the existing standardized product.
· You will build data pipelines and enable further project implementation.
· You will work with multidisciplinary internal teams to develop and deploy our product as well as project specials.
· You will monitor and support implemented project special solutions at our existing customers.
· You take ownership and work in an international team to provide the best possible solution.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, IT or equivalent. Relevant work experience is preferred.
· Event processing tools like Splunk or the ELK stack
· Programming in Python
· CI/CD, Data/Code testing (e.g., Bamboo, Artifactory, Git)
· Data Schema’s (e.g. JSON/XML/Avro)
· Storage formats (e.g. Azure Blob, SQL, noSQL)
· Deploying services as containers (e.g. Docker)
· Streaming and/or batch storage (e.g. Kafka, Oracle)
· Working with cloud services (preferably with Azure)
· Experience in building API is a plus
You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive the following secondary conditions:
27 days of vacations & 13 ADV days
Flexible working hours
Training and coaching to support personal development
Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programs, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com.
If the role of Data Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Eric Everstijn, Senior Recruiter +31 413 49 52 88.