Electrical Maintenance Technician (Shift)
As an Electrical Technician, your role within the team is to undertake preventative and corrective maintenance on a baggage warehouse incorporating automated storage cranes and specialised transport systems.
Based in Sydney International Airport, the role will be on a 24/7 roster incorporating 12hr shifts (day+night). You will be an important contributor to our goal of achieving the highest possible customer satisfaction, focusing on the continuity of customers' processes. That means you'll require an enthusiastic and proactive attitude and a flexible working approach combined with the ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures, combined with the willingness to learn and expand your abilities every day.
Your key focus areas in this role is as follows
- Preventative and corrective maintenance (electrical).
- Fault finding on automated systems.
- Using data analytics to enhance system performance.
- Providing technical support to our customer.
Required skills and experience
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Electrical qualification (Cert III in Electrotechnology) + contractor/supervisor licence with at least 3 to 5 years relevant working experience as Service Technician.
- Strong electrical background working on industrial equipment with mechanical aptitude.
- Industrial controls understanding (PLC’s, VFD’s, HMI’s, Etc.)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Highly motivated with a keen interest to further your own ability and studies.
- Honest, reliable and proactive with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- **Must have rights to work entitlements in Australia**
- Dual Trade Certificate (electrical and mechanical).
- Experience in logistics, postal sorting and baggage handling systems highly regarded.
- Proven controls background.
- Successfully obtain an Aviation Security Identification Card for Sydney Airport.
- Criminal checks are required as part of this process.
- ID checks will be performed to verify work entitlements in Australia
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Pass Pre-Employment medical examination including drug and alcohol testing.
- Successfully complete probation period (includes being deemed competent through internal structured training)
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant.
In a world of technology, Vanderlande believes in people – its employees make the difference in everything the company does.
To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume through the APPLY NOW.