Vanderlande has a strong strategic partnership with Heathrow Airport. Heathrow, with more than 80 million passengers a year, is the most active airport in Europe as it has the most connections to other airports. All these passengers expect their luggage to reach the same destination. That’s where Vanderlande comes in as a strategic partner having full responsibility of the performance and maintenance of Heathrow’s baggage handling systems.
Working within London Heathrow Airport, the Facilities Assistant will be responsible for ensuring all areas of the baggage system are kept clean and tidy. You will be performing the following tasks:
- Daily cleaning, operational checks, functionality checks..
- Assist with planned preventative maintenance, corrective and reactive maintenance in timely manner as required.
- Reporting of any faults and health and safety issues.
What we expect from you
As a Facilities Assistant you would be willing to assist and learn from a multi-disciplined team in a fast moving environment. We expect the following of you:
- Be willing to assist and learn from a multi-disciplined team in a fast-moving environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate precisely both in writing and verbally at all levels
- You act like a team player
- Willing to work night shifts
- Willing to work overtime when this is required
What we offer:
- Performance related pay
- Opportunity to develop and progress within Vanderlande
- 288 Hours Holiday
- Bupa Medical Cover
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers.
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero or sausage roll at Greggs! Along with hundreds of savings on day to day shopping, trips etc.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.