Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems
- Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
- Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
- Train & mentor Maintenance Technician Apprentice on all aspects of maintenance operations
- Schedule preventative maintenance tasks to ensure job completion – Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement
- Reporting through CMMS
- React to messages from the Control Room or manager
- Attending to call outs, faults, alarms and warnings
- Attending to stoppages and bag jams
- Tote running
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum technical experience in an industrial environment
- General mechanical and electrical troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Competency in electrical, mechanical work, and HVAC and building controls
- Experience with welding fabrication
- Valid Drivers License
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge, CBP Seal, and airport driver icon.
- Minimum 1 year CMMS experience
- Minimum 2 years of material handling experience
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of controls (PLC, PC) systems
- Excellent maintenance, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility with time, able to shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer and service oriented
- Proactive and strong work ethic and initiative; who would like to grow and develop within the organization.
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to solve problems under pressure
- Pro-active attitude towards process improvement
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts available; overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires up no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: Technicians work in the secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, eligible to receive an hourly rate and to participate in an annual performance bonus program. The salary range listed represents the maximum and minimum starting base pay for this position as of the time of posting. Final salary offered will be determined based on factors including but not limited to the candidate's skills and experience. The annual performance bonus program is preset and not candidate dependent.
Initial hourly rate: $27.00 – $28.00
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.