Mechanical Project Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager Engineering
Location: London – Heathrow
The UK engineering team works as an integrated part of the Worldwide Vanderlande Engineering team consisting of over 800 engineers from all automated handling disciplines.
An Engineer joining the UK team has the opportunities and potential to join a wide and diverse range of projects, and we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with the passion and willingness to engineer and develop designs for projects, the ability to follow challenging standards and overall to add value to our customers at home and abroad. The job is also calling for clearly defined work parameters, adherence to rules and procedure and a person who is patient and hard working. Ideally the person should be routine-orientated, methodical, thorough, compliant, cautious, sensitive, diplomatic, self-disciplined, and accommodating.
As a mechanical Project Engineer you will support our automation projects by creating the mechanical designs and layouts for our intralogistics equipment and systems.
The area of work is of a specialist/technical nature and the person fulfilling the role would be assigned to support our UK and Ireland based customers. There will be significant customer liaison and on-site presence is required, so this is a role that cannot be solely undertaken remotely.
Your responsibilities and activities will include:
- Comprehend the user requirements, analyse the feasibility, and considers technical standards.
- Agree in consultation with the PLE the necessary engineering activities for the deliverables and planning details.
- Participating in decision making with all the relevant disciplines regarding the mechanical components and interfaces to be used.
- Ensure that the mechanical system design is engineered following the relevant safety standards and regulations, such as performing detailed design risk assessments and CDM.
- Ensure detailed engineered system design can be manufactured within the available budget.
- Supporting the PLE with the engineering planning.
- Protect interest of Vanderlande in dealings with customer, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Coordination of third-party equipment procurement and integration specifications.
- Deliver Project related layout packages, using tools such as AutoCAD and ESoT.
- Quality control of files and Data Management.
- Producing engineering instructions.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the processes and policies, as well as learning continuously and developing self-professional potential and ability.
Role Qualification and Skills
- Must have knowledge of used technologies and equipment for Material Handling Systems.
- High proficiency in AutoCAD 3D and BIM Revit software applications and development of 3D layouts
- Good knowledge of design standards and safety requirements, working knowledge of the Machinery directive preferred.
- Good knowledge of Mechanical, MEP and steelwork design installations
- Willing to work in a multi-discipline environment (Electrical/Mechanical/Software/Safety)
What we offer
- 28 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays).
- Bupa Medical Cover.
- YuLife – Wellbeing membership with fast access to GP appointments, promotion of health and wellbeing along with daily quests to gain Yucoins that can be swapped for shopping vouchers.
- Perkbox includes things such as free eye tests at Specsavers including discounts on Glasses, free cinema vouchers and a weekly free coffee from Nero. Along with hundreds of savings on day-to-day shopping and trips.
- A challenging work environment with lots of opportunities of career progression.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Pension with Aviva.