(Mechatronic) System Designer R&D
In Technology, former Research and Development (R&D), no two days are the same. Our developed products are deployed all over the world. Every one of our talented specialists is committed to solving the next challenge, and enhancing Vanderlande’s competitive position.
As a System Designer within technology you are responsible for the specification and design of new multi-disciplinary functions to be used worldwide in our logistic systems. Your design is implemented by a team of specialists with whom you closely cooperate. You will be a partner of the Product Architect and System Integrator and together with your expert team you are carrying the responsibility for the final release(s) of your multidisciplinary module and it’s desired function
Goods to Picker: Focus on a solution we call “Goods to Picker” which is a robot or manual picking station to transfer goods from the storage to the customer order tray. Your design is implemented by a team of specialists with whom you closely cooperate. You will be a partner of the Product Architect and System Integrator and together with your expert team you are carrying the responsibility for the final release(s) of your multidisciplinary module and it’s desired function.
FLEET: Focus on a solution we call FLEET which is an autonomous vehicle solution used within Airports and Warehouses. We have three different types called: Bag, Batch and Move. For these applications different modules, like “load handling devices” need to be specified and the development at our supplier. This requires technical expertise of the system and carefully guidance of the suppliers. In such a way that the right solution to the requested function is realized, integrated and tested.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for a multidisciplinary functional design of a product function from initial requirements set by the Product Architect until the delivery of the tested function to the Product Integrator
- Use Model Based Design techniques for functionalities that concern the movement of masses and/or the flow control of these masses (e.g. Parcels, Luggage or E-commerce products). Based on these models define requirements and make concept design choices
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team of specialist in the field of Mechanical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanics, PLC and Software. Together with specialists you design a function that fits within the Vanderlande’s technology standards and reference architecture; or if it doesn’t fit to define requirements for the part missing
- Requirements Management. Write requirement specifications, design specification, test plans, specifications and report in the Vanderlande requirement tooling (e.g. DOORS, HP Test Centre, Enterprise Architect)
- Applies system design methodologies and techniques (PSDM, 8D, DFMEA, Model Based Design, Design for Six Sigma, Numerical Calculations etc.)
You have a pragmatic and result-drive attitude. You are eager to learn and curious about the new technologies within and outside Vanderlande.
- You have a relevant master’s degree in a technical area e.g. Mechanical Engineering (System & Control, Dynamics & Control), Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a proven track record indicating a comparable knowledge and abstraction level
- You have +/- 3-6 years of relevant working experience in designing and engineering multi-disciplinary industrial systems
- You are able to keep the overview and to operate on various abstraction levels
- It is important that you can convince others of a particular point of view to obtain an agreement with your stakeholders
- You are a functional/system Thinker
- You are able to make a Model based design using Matlab/Simulink
- You master the English language, both orally and in writing
If you want to take on this demanding challenge, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information contact Annelieke van der Poel, Recruiter – +31413494599.