Research and Development (R&D) plays a key role in the continuous investment in new products and technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products. Software has become an integral part of our products and systems therefore we invest in people to create the most added value!
As a Software Engineer you are responsible for implementing and testing high quality equipment control software running on a real-time operating system. You will review requirements to develop efficient solutions together with the development team. During this process you will recognize risks, solve problems, generate recommendations for improvements. As software engineer you will be involved in team effort through the different development stages.
In this challenging role, you will learn to be involved in all kind of architectural, design, development and support activities.
Tasks, responsibilities and expectations
- You will learn to contribute in translating new concepts and features into high level software design and help the team programming and testing of the equipment control software;
- You are able to understand software impact analysis and detailed designs;
- You will learn to create a software integration plan based on defined release moments;
- You are closely in contact with the product owner and you will learn to make technically important decisions during the product development;
- You are a part of the competence team, ensure that you gain knowledge and support your team members.
- Bachelor (BSc), Master (MSc) or PhD degree in a relevant software or technical education like computer science/engineering, software engineering, embedded systems, industrial automation;
- Knowledge of C/C++ (latest standards);
- Pre: knowledge on Linux;
- You have +/-3 years of relevant working experience;
- Well acquainted with Windows software development and has relevant proven experience in technical complex environments;
- Knowledge of scripting languages: e.g. Bash, PowerShell and Python;
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (based on Git);
- Background in managing development environments, services and tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, SonarQube);
- Experienced in CICD concepts, development tooling and workflow integration (Change management, Build, Test, Release) is plus;
- Infra automation and development experience, including tooling such as chef, puppet
Knowledge of security, authentication and related protocols (SAML, OAUTH) is plus.
- Good command of English
- Agile mindset/team player.
- Independent, proactive and committed worker with good communicative skills.
- Not afraid to take responsibility in a dynamic working environment
- Drive to win, result and goal oriented attitude
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
What we offer
In the challenging and responsible position of Medior C++ Software Engineer, you will have the chance to make a significant contribution to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. Our organisation has been named for several years in a row as ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’. We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of scope for personal development.
As well as your fixed salary you’ll receive the following secondary benefits:
27 days vacation & 13 ADV (working hours reduction) days
Flexible working hours
Home working facility
Collective pension scheme and insurance facilities for healthcare.
If the role of Medior C++ Software Engineer appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information about selection process please contact Annelieke van der Poel (Recruiter) +31 413 49 52 88. #LI-AV3