Performance Manager – Istanbul Airport
Are you looking to develop your career in logistics automation systems, specifically in the system analysis and improvements of the baggage handling systems in airports, and satisfy your ambitions at a company where you can aspire to new heights, enjoy personal growth, and thrive on achievement?
At Vanderlande, we are seeking passionate and ambitious people, capable of making a positive impact on the quality of our service delivery to our customer by ensuring a high-performance baggage flow operation for the entire airport, while developing a prosperous career in a fast-paced international environment.
Airports EMEA Service Operations is responsible for execution of service contracts and projects throughout the EMEA organization and is growing year-by-year strongly. With over 600 employees and multiple site based teams, operating in over 30 countries throughout the region at leading airports.
Our promise is to supply the “best in class” services to our customers so we are able to improve the competitive position of our customers in its market (www.vanderlande.com).
As Performance Manager you will take the lead in performance management and continuous improvement of our baggage process automation at Istanbul Airport. You and your team are direct sparring partner for our customer and our colleagues relating to the optimization and asset management of the complex logistic processes and systems.
Our Performance Management team is responsible for executing system and process optimizations related to the baggage handling process (trend process monitoring and improvement, continuous improvement cycle, incidents-problems-changes, reporting KPIs/PIs, ad-hoc analysis, maintenance concepting, planning and analysis, life cycle planning). Together with the customer, colleagues and third parties you will measure the performance of the customers process using fact-based (data) analysis. You will advise and make improvement proposals for the total process in system, IT, electromechanical as well as operational terms. This includes root-cause analysis for complex system errors as well as performance improvement studies and continuous improvement services. Ensuring a proper functioning throughout the entire life cycle of the system is crucial in order to safeguard our customer’s operations. Maintenance concepting, planning and analysis as well as life cycle planning as part of asset management are vital elements in this respect. As a part of your work on continuous improvement, you actively identify and generate leads for modifications and extensions from the field and translate these into customer business cases.
Where requested you also support with the implementation of the improvements. While doing, you will build a strong network within the service team as well as with the client. You’ll also develop tools and methods to measure and monitor system and process performance.
You manage a team of process engineers taking care of the above tasks. You will guide and coach them on their daily tasks and actively participate in complex tasks and setting new standards and guidelines. You will make sure that your team will benefit from the knowledge that is available within Process Engineering, System Integration and Asset Management departments from our headquarters and mature site based teams.
You are responsible for the following main tasks and activities
- Define Performance Management strategy
- Define and realize performance management strategy, roadmap and improvement projects
- Professionalize our service execution on tactical and strategic layer by introducing Asset Management and continuous improvement methodologies and culture
- Close collaboration with the Service Concepting & Improvement team to introduce new (innovative/ digital/ cybersecurity) services within the region based on standards and best practices. Actively contribute to improving and defining new standards
- Shares learnings on service processes and practices across the global business in pursuit of improvement across all customer accounts
- Deliver outstanding services to our customers to improve their competitive position throughout the lifecycle
- Lead, mentor and coach performance management team
- Monitor and track performance of our systems including trend analysis using fact-based (data) analysis. Benchmark and share learnings with other regions.
- Provide input, feedback and be a sparring partner to our 24/7 operations team on performance management related topics.
- Identify and generate leads for modifications and extensions.
- Prepare customer meetings on asset management and performance improvement studies
- Actively support service management during customer meetings on performance and continuous improvement
As Performance Manager you are able to act on operational, tactical and strategic level, and you know how to present the benefits of a specific solution in a convincing and constructive way. You have strong analytical capabilities, together with an entrepreneurial approach in which you are responsible to take the initiative and make decisions. You have excellent communication skills, you are able to build good relationships with our customers and guide/coach your team.
- You have a Technical degree in Mechatronics, IT, Industrial Engineering or equivalent on Bachelor or Master level,
- >10 years of experience in (international) continuous improvement/ system integration, and preferably IT systems of large and complex capital goods,
- Natural leader (combination of people & technical skills) and a strong personality, with managing a team of technical and process experts,
- Preferably a background in automated handling systems, the capital goods industry, IT and/or system integration business,
- You have proven experience in executing improvement projects (preferably Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified or willing to conduct),
- You are customer oriented, proactive to reach determined goals and have a drive for continuous improvement,
- You have excellent communication skills, writing and speaking, in the Turkish and the English language,
- Living in Istanbul or willing to move there, within commuting distance of the new airport.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills
- Good sense of setting the right priorities in a demanding and dynamic environment
- Structured thinker
- Reliable team player
- Pragmatic, proactive
- Organizational sensitivity
- Stakeholder management
- Defining and developing strategies
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as UPS and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, including one of the largest e-commerce leaders providing logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media solutions, which seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
So, if you would like to join a profitable and growing company that will enable you to reach your goals and focus on your future, then you may apply now by completing the application with your CV and covering letter.
Diversity & Inclusion Disclaimer
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.