Vanderlande is the global market leader in Airport & Parcel Solutions, and sorting systems for Warehouse Solutions. Working within the Project Delivery team for Airport & Parcel Solutions, the Project Manager will execute the delivery of complex automation system projects into dynamic, evolving and challenging airport and parcel environments in the APAC region.
The Project Manager will be flexible, self-reliant, driven, and will provide ownership in managing and leading activities in the delivery of each project from customer order through to final acceptance. These activities could be (but not limited to); planning, procurement, commercial, contractual, financial, documentation, stakeholder management and risk & issue management. This is an ideal role for those looking to develop into more senior project management roles.
- Manage projects for Airports and Parcel solutions through Engineering, Procurement and Construction phases to ensure projects are delivered on time and within the budgeted costs
- Prepare detailed project plans (programs), solution designs, reports, budgets and ensure that these are approved by the client and meet all requirements.
- Develop with the project team the design solutions, project scope and RFT documents for companies and contractors to tender to provide goods and services.
- Analyse tender responses and negotiate favourable quotes, terms and conditions, select, write and have contracts signed to engage the successful companies and contractors.
- Lead a cross functional team of Engineers and Contractors to test, integrate, commission and deliver multiple simultaneous baggage handling projects.
- Keep the client and project director informed of progress, potential issues that will impact the cost or delivery timeline and ensure the client signs off on any variations.
- Contract administration of sub-contracts to check and approve payment of supplier invoices to ensure all materials and services provided comply with the project specification and the agreed terms of business.
- Bachelor degree Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- 5+ Yrs Project Management experience. Preferably in Airports and Parcel.
- Delivering projects in the South East Asian region would be an advantage
- Fluent written and spoken English