- Elaborate (generic) parametric 3D CAD structure for standardized delivery so that it can be used to efficiently develop customer-specific solutions
- Translating customer requirements into functional specifications
- Conduct R&D and engineering tasks independently and as part of a project team
- Produce drawings and BOMs and use relevant calculations to support design decisions
- Apply strong technical business acumen to encourage initiatives for improvement
- Troubleshoot mechanical systems in the field
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress.
- Actively participate in product design reviews and work directly with the engineering staff to develop cost effective solutions.
- Interface with engineers and technicians of the other Vanderlande business units to help coordinate overall technical activities wherever appropriate and desirable.
- Ensure that all relevant data is collected, reviewed, and filed for all projects in accordance with standard procedures.
- Prepare and present detailed technical reports to management and staff.
- Contribute to written instruction and operation manuals for Vanderlande products.
- Perform technical support when needed.
- Help to achieve the completion of all projects within budget and on schedule.
- Possible Travel up to 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Mechanical (or similar) Engineering from an accredited university and 10+ years of work experience
- Demonstrated versatility and high competency levels in creativity and technical comprehension.
- Experience with overhead conveying technology a big plus
- You are skilled in FMEA, FEA, CE and Machinery development
- Efficient and effective use of engineering tools such as SolidWorks, Enovia and associated workflows, and release processes
- Knowledge of Agile processes and related frameworks, such as SCRUm or SAFe
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to articulate ideas and concepts, capable of positive influence and ability to work alone or as part of a team).
- Utilize strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners at various levels.
- Self-motivated technical leader who can motivate the entire development team.
- Excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.