Established in 1949, Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and in the parcel market.
Vanderlande has more than 7,500 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing turnover of 1.8 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past seven decades as a highly reliable partner for future-proof logistic process automation.
Vanderlande was acquired in 2017 by Toyota Industries Corporation, which will help it to continue its sustainable profitable growth. The two companies have a strong strategic match, and the synergies include cross-selling, product innovations, and research and development.
The Singapore office is part of Customer Centre Airports Parcel Solutions Asia Pacific (CC APS APAC) and is active in Asia Pacific region. The Sales organization is active in the market segments Airports (Baggage Handling Systems) and Parcel (Material Handling Systems at parcel sortation facilities). To support the further growth of CC APS APAC we are recruiting for a Sales Consultant.
Together with the Sales Manager you will make an important contribution to sales success in the pre-contract phase of a project. Your tasks include identifying customer needs, developing and evaluating the right logistics solutions, leading the preparation of sales proposals and presenting these to customers. You will build and maintain together with the Sales Manager and the rest of the Sales Engineering team a constructive working relation with the customer and define the appropriate sales tactics.
- Play a leading role in the concept stage, direct the design team.
- Design conceptual solutions based on throughput data, process analysis, critical business drivers, technical requirements and the customers’ business case for medium to large sized projects.
- Convert a conceptual solution into a system design and associated high-level process design.
- Manage acceptance of the proposed solutions internally and externally.
- Key discussion partner regarding concepts for the customer. Builds up relationships with decision-makers at tactical and strategic level and is capable of persuading the customer to award follow-up contracts.
- Based on analytical intelligence and experience, identify the key aspects of concepts and associated impact on operations. Be able to pinpoint the weak points in concepts immediately.
- Works on multiple projects, some with assistance from others but often conduct projects without assistance.
- Support and maintain the integrity of conceptual design during detailed engineering, system implementation, and system operation.
- Responsible for accurate development and validation of sales price for any sized project and complexity of projects.
- Play a role in determining the development of market segments and products both internally and externally; advantageously position concepts consistent with Vanderlande’s strategic direction
Your qualifications and skills
- Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in relevant study (Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation, Electro-mechanical Engineering, Logistics, or similar discipline)
- 10 years relevant working experience
- Systems design knowledge; experience designing baggage handling systems, or material handling systems for parcel preferred
- Analytical ability to structure and solve logistics problems and the ability to interpret and extrapolate relevant information from multiple sources
- Sales acumen and ability to direct pricing influences on design strategies
- Influencing skills both internally and towards customers at a senior management
- Capability to build strong professional customer relations
- Train, coach and lead sales engineers
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial international organization, often working across organizational, geographic, and cultural boundaries
- Willing to travel internationally (up to 20% of your time)
Vanderlande is the global market leader for future-proof logistic process automation at airports – from London Heathrow to Singapore Changi – and in the parcel market, for main players such as DHL and FedEx. Furthermore, we are also a leading supplier of solutions for warehousing giants, which we seamlessly integrate innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services.
If you aspire to a position of responsibility – and want to make a difference by facilitating the delivery of what matters most to consumers, passengers and businesses – then the next step on your path to global opportunities is to join Vanderlande. As part of our network and unique culture of freedom and flexibility, you will be connected to our dedicated people, build strong relationships and rise to the challenge of industry-leading projects.
You will grow, take ownership and make every day better as you continue on the road to success with your spirit of adventure – and fulfil your ambitions for personal development through our Academy. Vanderlande will give you the necessary knowledge, tools and support, so that together we have the confidence and ability to exceed our customers’ expectations in over 100 countries.
To achieve our collective goals, you will have a hands-on role working in a positive environment to deliver tangible, state-of-the-art products and improve the competitiveness of our highly visible customers. As an integral part of our team, you will have the enthusiasm and be driven to reach our destination before your next journey with Vanderlande begins…
For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com.