Senior C++ Software Engineer
Research and Development (R&D) plays a key role in the continuous investment in new products and technologies to strengthen our position and differentiate our products. Software has become an integral part of our products and systems therefore we invest in people to create the most added value!
As a Senior Software Engineer you are responsible for designing, implementing and testing high quality equipment control software running on a real-time operating system. You will set up and review requirements to develop efficient solutions together with stakeholders within the organization. During this process you will analyze risks, solve problems, decompose bottlenecks and generate recommendations for improvements. As experienced software engineer you will be actively involved in team effort through the different development stages.
In this challenging role, you will be widely involved in all kind of architectural, design, development and support activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- You will contribute in translating new concepts and features into high level software design and guide the team during programming and testing of the equipment control software;
- You are responsible to create and review software impact analysis and detailed designs;
- You create a software integration plan based on defined release moments;
- You are a sparring partner of the architect and product owner and has the mandate to make technically important decisions during the product development;
- You are a part of the competence team, ensure that you share knowledge and support your team members.
- Bachelor (BSc), Master (MSc) or PhD degree in a relevant software or technical education like computer science/engineering, software engineering, embedded systems, industrial automation;
- Knowledge of C/C++ (latest standards);
- Knowledge on Linux is a plus;
- You have +/-5 years of relevant working experience;
- Well acquainted with Windows software development and has relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments;
- Knowledge of scripting languages: e.g. Bash, PowerShell and Python;
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management (based on Git);
- Background in managing development environments, services and tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jenkins, SonarQube);
- Experienced in CICD concepts, devopment tooling and workflow integration (Change management, Build, Test, Release) is plus;
- Infra automation and development experience, including tooling such as chef, puppet
Knowledge of security, authentication and related protocols (SAML, OAUTH) is plus.
- Good command of English
- Agile mindset/team player.
- Independent, proactive and committed worker with strong communicative skills.
- Not afraid to take responsibility in a dynamic working environment
- Drive to win, result and goal oriented attitude
in the challenging and responsible position of a Senior C++ Software Engineer, you will contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries. An organization which has been elected as 'Top Employer' and 'Best Employer' for several years in a row.
We offer a fulltime position in an informal working environment with a lot of opportunities for professional development besides your primary salary you will receive the following secondary conditions:
· 27 days of vacation & 13 ADV days
· Flexible working hours
· Commuting allowance
· Travel and Accommodation regulations
· Pension scheme and group discount on insurances as healthcare, car and WGA
. Participation in our Health Care project e.g. training facility
If you want to take on this demanding challenge, apply now by filling in the application form and upload your resume and motivation letter.
For more information contact Annelieke van der Poel, Recruiter +31413494599. #LI-AV3