- Develop, Maintain and Implement Software in Production Environments
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunities for further training and career growth
Join a global market leader of automated warehouse handling solutions as a software developer.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
The company focuses on the optimisation of its customers' business processes and competitive positions. Through close cooperation, it strives to improve its operational activities and the expansion of its logistical achievements. Vanderlande's extensive portfolio of integrated solutions – innovative systems, intelligent software and life-cycle services – results in the realisation of fast, reliable and efficient automation technology.
As a Software Engineer, you will join our growing HLC support team to form part of our Australian based software house. You will closely collaborate with our in-house 1st, 2nd and 3rd level service teams located both locally and overseas. Being a customer-facing role, you will also liaise with various customer teams by having a presence online.
You will be responsible for the maintenance and optimisation of the warehouse control software installed at our customer sites. You will perform the root cause analysis of the incidents that occur. You may be involved in incident escalations that see you implement fixes and install these fixes into the live production environment. You will also be required to work on our on-call roster, meaning you will be required to log in and support customer issues outside regular business hours.
In addition, you will also have the opportunity to add enhancements to existing customer systems. You will draw on Vanderlande's well-defined software architecture and databases to drive the project software development. You will do this using the assistance of colleagues in your team and other specialists within the wider Vanderlande organisation.
You will be based in our Pune office.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Technical skills (mandatory)
- Tertiary qualification in IT related field or equivalent.
- 2+ years of work experience
- Experience in working with SQL.
- Experience in maintenance of existing software applications and continuous improvement (brownfield development).
- Experience in versioning control.
- Understanding of Test driven development (TDD)
- Knowledge of an object orientated language (C# or Java)
Soft skills (mandatory)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English).
- A committed personality and a team player.
Highly regarded (optional)
- Experience in the setup of automated tests and deployment chains (CI/CD) is highly appreciated
- Experience with issue tracking tools(Jira).
- DBA experience