Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Manages a large group of diverse employees
- Ensure quality of maintenance executed on-site according to contract agreed with the customer(s)
- Manage system issues on-site with the maintenance team and the customer
- Conduct daily meetings with client for the purposes of status reporting as required
- Setup and maintain work schedule to ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables and more.
- Assist manager by overseeing and managing the maintenance of the Baggage Handling System in the manager’s absence
- Act as VI representative for operational and safety meetings with the Airport, TSA, and the airlines when needed
- Ensure proper levels of supplies (spare parts, tools and office supplies) and manage vendor interactions.
- Work closely with VI personnel regarding site related issues.
- Initiate and implement process improvements to ensure continuous improvement of the maintenance performance to the contract.
- Generate daily operational reports and conduct analyses of overall health of the baggage handling system
- Assist the CS Manager in formulating monthly contractual reports
- Conduct periodic safety audits and staff safety training
- Coordinates with Lead Engineers and inspects repairs and maintenance activities
- Sets priorities, distributes work, monitors progress and quality
- Ensures all maintenance activities are executed properly and in time in a large and complex environment
- Implements new procedures and takes care of knowledge transfer.
- Possesses good overview of the work to be done, determines the most efficient and effective working method.
- Anticipates problems, which disturb the daily operation.
- Ensures that employees comply with the company rules, standards and key values at VI (acts as a role model).
- Develops employees so that they can cope with the demands of their current and possible future positions Vanderlande Industries.
- Supervises and implements actions to better employee well-being, health and safety on the the job (training, safety inspection rounds, safety program etc.).
- Acts as a Safety Advocate
- Manages the daily operation, leads and sets direction of the team
- Maintains and enforces policies and procedures including but not limited to: Communication plans, safety plans, contingency plans, attendance, quality control of craftsmanship, inventory management, training requirements, etc.
- Generate standard operating procedures.
Required Education and Experience:
- At least 8 years technical experience in all aspects of maintenance of a complex conveyor system, particularly preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Experienced with MS Office and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Experienced with processes and procedures in on-site maintenance locations, preferably at airports
- Leadership experience, capable of working with teams
- Competent customer oriented professional who can work independently and accurately
- Ability to anticipate customer and team needs and act accordingly.
- Willing to work long hours in a stressful environment at nights and on the weekends
- Valid Drivers License
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or Engineering preferred
- Airport and Warehouse Operations experience
- Conveyor services or material handling services experience
- Team Player
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers and equipment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Ability to manage, coach, and guide employees.
- Ability to have crucial conversations
- Ability to build relationships with key players
- Strong Microsoft office skills – Excel, Word Processing and Outlook
- Organizational and time management skills
- Capable of analyzing issues and developing solutions
- Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor
- Ability to be creative and innovative, and overcome objections and turn them into opportunity
- Confidence and professionalism in representing the Company
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Schedule is driven by the needs of the operation. May be required to work nights and weekends.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
Manages O&M site employees
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job: The Assistant Manager works in a secured baggage handling area, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee at times will lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems. They will identify and fix mechanical problems with machinery, and they commonly work with greasy parts and tools, sometimes in uncomfortable positions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.