Qualifications and abilities
- Bachler Degree in Mechatronics/ Control & Instrumentation/ Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ industrial engineering. Or Diploma with minimum experience 2-3 years in airports operation-related or any of the BHS disciplines preferred.
- Acceptable technical background.
- Experience in operating automated systems.
- Experience in leading baggage operations.
- Supervision and communication skills.
- Arabic/English proficiency
- Perform daily updates for flights allocations of departure and arrival flights.
- Check daily schedule flights and updating Operational Plan accordingly.
- Analyze and monitor monthly schedule flights and updating Strategic Plan accordingly.
- Perform accurate tracking-and-tracing of baggage and keep informing the status of flights bags in his duty.
- Monitor and ensure fewer delays baggage and accelerated turnaround times.
- Constant coordination with TOCC representative and BHS control room.
- Represent needful communication and coordination with stakeholders if needed.
- Report to Shift Leader the status of the system and BHS operations according to the service level agreements.
- Ensures compliance with agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Ensures compliance with service level agreements (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI) of contractors working in the BHS.
- Utilizing BHS applications, software, databases, scripts, and tools appropriately.
- Investigating urgent inquiries with concern parties.
- Taking part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of Vanderlande company and position.
- Adhering to all Vanderlande company policies and procedures.
- Operates the BHS Scheduling workstations in the same control room if and when required.
List of key activities
- Flights allocations
- Baggage tacking-tracing activities
- Communicate and coordinate with internal party
- Bag Load distribution