As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacturing, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
We are currently looking for an Automated Storage and Retrieval System (AS/RS) support engineer supporting the Vanderlande ADAPTO AS/RS solution with a focus on low level controls (PLC) and SCADA support.
ASRS Field Support Engineer:
The candidate must be able to demonstrate 3+ years’ experience working as a site based or remote support engineer with a focus on ASRS technologies as well as Low Level Controls (LLC) SCADA, MFC, WMS,WCS, WIFI and PLC. The candidates should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of commissioning, installing and successful troubleshooting of complex material handling systems. This position will be a traveling Field Engineer that can be located anywhere. Our preference is in the Atlanta area but open to remote. Needs to be near an airport.
Essential Functions (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- PLC and HMI Programming
- Hardware and software commissioning
- Mechanical adjustment of installed equipment
- Hotline support for recent installations
- Training for internal and customer teams
- Work with the North American Service Center on incident- management for Vanderlande supported material handling solutions
- Support of Low-Level-Controls systems, and PLC issues raised by customers
- Able to diagnose, and rectify Low-Level-Controls and PLC faults within tight deadlines
- Work to process and escalate as required
- Write up incident summaries and provide reports as and when required
Required Education and Experience:
- Experienced to degree level in a relevant engineering competency
- Travel 75%
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in ASRS controls technology
- Hands-on experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Some experience with high-level controls. (SCADA, IT Networks, databases, software, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- Understand Controls software for automated logistics systems
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritize work as and when needed
- Good team player
- Willing to learn and improve technical capabilities
- Pragmatic and proactive
- Good analytical skills
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Great troubleshooter and problem solver
- Service minded
- Occasional travel to customer sites in North America is required.
- Some international travel will be required for training purposes.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The role will be field based and candidates should be able to access unhindered customer sites in order to perform essential functions of this job. These will include day to day operational support, site inspections and visual checks if and when required.
The role will require the candidate once established to provide cover for other team members, and assist in training , development and mentoring of other members of the team. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.