We are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer that will support the North America Airports and Parcel Solutions team.
Vanderlande’s Parcel Engineering Team is responsible for the concepting, designing, and specifying material handling equipment. In this position you will work in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative customer-focused environment to determine and translate customer needs into simple and effective design solutions, provide accurate time estimates, produce manufacturing and assembly drawings, manage documentation, and create BOMs.
Success in this role involves constantly (and independently) learning about and applying new technology and new skills. It also involves working closely with stakeholders from other disciplines and other departments to balance priorities, improve processes and satisfy a complex set of goals. Success will require strong technical skills, creativity, strong interpersonal skills, drive, and passion. A successfully candidate will demonstrate a keen intuition for when to attempt to solve problems on their own and when to enlist the help of other experienced engineers.
Vanderlande offers competitive salary, generous benefits, flexible working hours and ability to work from home (when possible), brand new modern workspaces, amenities such as employee gym, and a genuine focus on people and culture.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Job Duties and Responsibilities):
- Lead other hardware engineers in the execution of project deliverables.
- Monitor internal quality of electrical deliverables produced using drawing redlines, checklists, and review meetings to ensure first time right output.
- Calculate and describe the electromechanical installation (panels / field wiring / components) and functionality and alongside the Controls Project Leader and PLC engineers.
- Select standardized solutions from previously successful designs and re-uses standard company modules when possible for effective and economic results.
- Make detail design of the electromechanical panels/devices and coordinate the manufacturing and installation by subcontractors.
- Understand, interpret and apply procedures, standards and regulations on National and Local code level for the US. Able to learn code requirements for Canada and Mexico as needed.
- Support of the site team, electrical supervisor, and PLC Engineer to minimize potential problems.
- Define and plan the electro-mechanical work to be done, estimate the workload and lead time and communicate to relevant colleagues about changes and risks pro-actively.
- Finalize a design and its deliverables, according to our processes, in order to guarantee a smooth transition to the relevant stakeholders
- Is responsible communicating electrical mechanical technical details with our internal Supply Chain.
- Make improvements to existing Panel designs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology
- 10+ years experience in material handling or related industry
- Control panel design to UL508A
- Understanding of AutoCAD Electrical and ePlan
- Deep knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical and eplan
- Direct experience designing UL rated cabinets and enclosures to accommodate PLC controlled systems, including power distribution, motor protection and control, and Industrial Communication and networking (i.e. ASibus, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Controlnet)
- Experience designing cabinets involving multiple hardware platforms for industrial control applications, including A-B/Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider, SEW
KNOWLEDGE – SKILLS – ABILITY:
- Understanding of a variety of hardware
- Understanding of product data/document lifecycle management software
- Knowledge of controls engineering theories and principles
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of the metric system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
This position requires occasionally travel (approximately 5%)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.