Assignment type: Graduation
Start date: February 2022
Assignment duration: 6 months
Educational level: WO
Desired study: Data science, Business economics, Econometrics, Market research
Language: Dutch and/or English
Vanderlande is a leading supplier of logistic automation solutions for warehouses. We offer an extensive portfolio including: Automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS), order picking systems, sortation systems, robotics and logistics IT. This high-tech market is very dynamic: Supply chain developments, new entrants, digitization, advances in robotics and the COVID impact.
Vanderlande uses a generic Excel-based model to forecast the market and wants to improve the way we model and forecast the market. We would like to include more logistics drivers, automation drivers and market segment drivers. This should enable us to better forecast the market, better monitor the market, indicate bandwidth in forecasts and analyze scenario’s. This must result in better fact based strategic decisions to realize our strategy of profitable growth.
The market intelligence & insights team within the BU warehouse solutions is providing the outside in view of the global warehouse automation market and the trends in especially the Food, Fashion and General Merchandise Segment. The purpose of these insights is to Enable Fact Based Decision Making for our company, so we can take the right decisions to keep and grow our competitive position while satisfying the needs of our customers.
Tasks / responsibilities
- Analyze current way of market modelling and forecasting.
- Develop a market modelling and forecasting tool that enables Vanderlande to better forecast the warehouse solutions market and underlying segments (food, fashion, general merchandise), better monitor the market and analyze different scenario’s.
- Make the outcome easy to read using graphs and/or a dashboard.
- Make the model easy to update and provide a structural way of working.
- Pro-active and independent.
- Affinity with data and able to introduce new approaches / new data sources.
- Experience with SPSS or comparable software packages.
- Experience in setting op a model enabling different scenario’s.
Do you recognize yourself in this challenging profile? And are you looking for an internship/graduation assignment in an organization that has been elected as “Best Employer” for years in a row? Please fill out the application form and upload your resume and cover letter. For more information, contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or Stef Alferink (Campus Recruiter) by phone: +31 413 755 087.