Title: HSEQ Advisor
Reports to: Head of Health & Safety UK
Vanderlande is the global market leader in material handling systems for airports, warehousing and sorting systems for parcel services. Working within the Health and Safety department the HSEQ Advisor will be responsible for providing Health and Safety support across the UK.
Vanderlande Values & Accountabilities
• Providing advice and support to Vanderlande teams to meet requirements of legislation, ISO standards and company processes & procedures
• Supporting implementation of the Vanderlande HSEQ Policies to drive improvements and gain / maintain certification
• Promoting a proactive approach to HSEQ management including regular site visits & contact with supervisors, managers and subcontractors to ensure issues are clearly understood and effectively managed.
• Driving an incident & injury free culture
• Maintaining a strong focus on key quality issues, right first time and the appropriate management of risk
• Assisting teams in compiling and communicating user friendly documentation to manage HSEQ risks including pre-start planning and meetings
• Assisting managers in ensuring competence of their teams (including contractors) and ensuring adequate records are maintained
• Assisting Managers & Supervisors in managing key risks and non conformances
• Liaising with project and support teams to close out non conformances
• Driving compliance with the CE marking process and maintenance of appropriate Vanderlande records
• Investigation of site issues, accidents, incidents and non conformances, including production of accident & incident reports and root cause analysis
• Facilitating the delivery of corrective and preventive actions for significant issues in conjunction with the relevant teams / managers
• Internal Auditing / Supplier auditing with reporting and follow up of findings
• Communicating companywide issues to Vanderlande Safety, Environment & Quality Manager / relevant teams
Assist Safety, Environment & Quality Manager in meeting objectives / other duties required by the projects / contracts
Build Reputation With Customers
Create effective and good working relationships with all departments to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded
Drive To Win
Ensure all requests are dealt with efficiently, ensuring employees have everything required in order to carry out their daily duties
Working as part of a team to ensure a smooth running of the department and business
Responsible for the continuous improvement of policies and procedures as well as learning continuously and developing professional potential and ability
Safe Base & We Care
Support a safe working environment within business development through championing and encouragement of a safety-first culture
• Detailed knowledge of health, safety & environmental legislation. NEBOSH Level 3 as a minimum working towards a NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent). Chartered Membership of IOSH or Graduate working towards CMIOSH
• Excellent interpersonal, written oral and presentation skills as well as proven leadership and communication skills at all levels within the business and clients.
• Strong understanding of CDM and its application to support teams in achieving high standards during the sales, design, installation and commissioning of projects.
• Practical HSE experience in either a Maintenance, Construction or Engineering industries and application of health & safety practices in a variety of working environments.
• Experience in incident and accident investigation, management and report compilation including detailed Root Cause Analysis. • Excellent report writing skills.
• Experience in development & delivery of SQE training packages such as Inductions, Tool Box Talks, Safety Alerts, Incident Investigation & Risk Assessment (Instruction/teaching qualification associated to H&S desirable).
• Internal Auditing qualification (Lead Auditor qualification – desired)
• Strong computer skills including database, presentation, spreadsheet and word processing packages
• Experience co-ordinating external client and supplier audits and associated activities
• Experience supporting teams in delivering high standards of safety, quality & environmental management through appropriate processes, communication, auditing and follow up.
• Environmental Qualification – desired
• Quality Management Qualification – desired
• NEBOSH Fire Qualification (preferred)