As a subsidiary of Toyota Industries (TICO), Vanderlande North America is enjoying rapid growth and extraordinary market demand. Vanderlande is a global market leader in material handling system manufacture, design, installation, and service. Vanderlande systems employ the latest in robotic, mechanical, and software technology. Vanderlande’s customers are household names in e-commerce, package delivery, and air transportation.
Would you like to progress your career in a fast-paced, dynamic organization that puts its people first? Want to be part of an HR organization that is getting fit for future? If the answer is “yes”, then look no further than Vanderlande!
The incumbent can be located at Vanderlande’s Los Angeles Office in CA or Marietta Corporate Office in GA. They will support sites in multiple states under the Warehouse Solution (WS) Business Unit, Installation Organization. This position will report directly to the People Services HR Advisor Lead.
We’ll give you the opportunity to:
• Work with inspiring and committed business leaders and HR colleagues.
• Have a direct impact on the employee experience.
• Support our HR strategy in further implementation.
• Be part of the greater global HR Community and take part in global improvement projects
As HR Advisor you will support the Warehouse Installation Site Team, you support managers in their role as people leaders: you help them in effectively and efficiently managing their teams, covering people and talent needs. You understand business direction and proactively advise on operational and tactical level people issues and challenges. You execute the deployment of people solutions, business strategies and process improvement in close alignment with our HR Business Partners and CoEs. Additionally, you are the point of contact for managers for issues that cannot be covered by Self Service or the HR service desk, in doing so actively contributing to creating a great employee experience.
You should apply for this position if you enjoy:
- Coaching and developing managers in their role as people leaders, giving guidance on key activities & processes within the yearly HR cycle.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of HR processes and service delivery, by being the voice of the local business needs: listening to the voice of the customer, while understanding and complying with global frameworks.
- Being an ambassador of the HR transformation and adoption of the HR Service Delivery model within the business
- Using data, tools and solutions to help people leaders manage their teams.
- Aligning with the CoEs for innovative people solutions, and with HRBP’s on large-scale change programs.
- Supporting people leaders in defining training & development needs, acting as the linking pin to the Vanderlande Academy.
Your qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge and experience in California labor and employment laws.
- Effective communication – you instill trust and easily build relationships
- Strong customer focus – you show clear business insight and act on it
- Excellent stakeholder management, driving engagement, commitment and accountability
- A nimble learning capacity.
- A focus on the development of talent.
You should recognize yourself in this profile:
- Bachelor or Master degree in HR/Business
- 6+ years’ of generalist HR experience
- Bi-Lingual preferred. Spanish
- Work experience in an international matrix organization
- An understanding of how to work with data
- A sound working knowledge of HR policies & processes
- Strong employee relations experience
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 60%
- Must be willing to work on occasions 2nd and/or 3rd shift
- Have a background in supporting hourly employees in a construction or manufacturing environment.
Vanderlande is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.